Festung Budapest release

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
My understanding is that only the counters are new, all the rest is exactly the same version as was originally in the first release?
Yes, the counters are made by the new printer. Though see post #28 above - perhaps some were collated with countersheets from the old print-run.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My counters all appeared to be in the style of, say For King and Country, and not the Rising Sun, etc. So I guess folks' results vary.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, the counters are made by the new printer. Though see post #28 above - perhaps some were collated with countersheets from the old print-run.
So, the "new" copies of FB may - or may not - contain counters from the new printer.
I have had counters from two (2) copies of FB split, and just received a copy of FB from the "new and limited" print run.
I hope the "new" FB does not have the old, split-prone counters.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Just got my copy. It is glorious. I will be clipping counters for a month. I love it!:)
"Glorious" - an excellent choice of words. While I was astounded by the amount of counters, I thought the maps were the most ... beautiful ... of any HASL to date, simply stunning. Not that I regarded any prior ones as bad, it's just that RB and VotG have an inevitable drabness, due to the historical situation and the KGP maps, though refreshing with unique terrain did pale with time. The closest I can think of in terms of visual impact were the KR (Journal ?) and LFT's KGS maps, the latter due to the inclusion of both Winter and non-Winter maps and overlay.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Glorious" - an excellent choice of words. While I was astounded by the amount of counters, I thought the maps were the most ... beautiful ... of any HASL to date, simply stunning. Not that I regarded any prior ones as bad, it's just that RB and VotG have an inevitable drabness, due to the historical situation and the KGP maps, though refreshing with unique terrain did pale with time. The closest I can think of in terms of visual impact were the KR (Journal ?) and LFT's KGS maps, the latter due to the inclusion of both Winter and non-Winter maps and overlay.
MMP always has a quality product when it comes to HASL modules, in my opinion.

fzmann

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My counters all appeared to be in the style of, say For King and Country, and not the Rising Sun, etc. So I guess folks' results vary.
My counters seem to be of the new design; all had a copyright 2016 symbol on each counter sheet. The counters look crisp, easy to read, even for my old eyes.

Question for all: when you punch the counters, how will you sort the units, particularly the German MMC's? For example, will you commingle the 8-3-8's, 4-6-8's, etc with the same units of other modules, or will you keep them separate as PzDiv 13 and Feldherrnhalle counters?

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My counters seem to be of the new design; all had a copyright 2016 symbol on each counter sheet. The counters look crisp, easy to read, even for my old eyes.

Question for all: when you punch the counters, how will you sort the units, particularly the German MMC's? For example, will you commingle the 8-3-8's, 4-6-8's, etc with the same units of other modules, or will you keep them separate as PzDiv 13 and Feldherrnhalle counters?
Separate. There are so few, I just have them sorted by unit types and class. Two bags for each division.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'd keep them separate.

You will have more than enough Germans in the Core Modules. Similar for most other nationalities.

For that reason I would recommend any types of 'fancy' infantry types, i.e. those that are not found in the Core Modules separately. They will not be 'in the way' clogging up your storage every time but when you need them for the HASL.

von Marwitz

fzmann

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd keep them separate.

You will have more than enough Germans in the Core Modules. Similar for most other nationalities.

For that reason I would recommend any types of 'fancy' infantry types, i.e. those that are not found in the Core Modules separately. They will not be 'in the way' clogging up your storage every time but when you need them for the HASL.

von Marwitz
Thanks for the input vMarwitz.
the reason this is an issue for me is that i have two raaco carriers (8 cases total), and space is at a premium, especially since the SK style boards fit perfectly in the cases, and I like carrying the boards in those cases. So I have to maximize space. That said, I agree that keeping the specific infantry types separate (e.g. Assault engineers with the demo charge icon, PzDiv 13, etc.). So i'll have to combine counters, like fortifications, in to some of the larger assorter boxes.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Definitely separate. Adds a little more realism to have counters specific to ones that actually fought.