Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Back on topic we rarely used kindling but would discuss how it could influence a scenario. There was a DASL scenario with possibly the Chinese where kindling made it impossible, IOO, for the Attacker to win.

With such a wealth of facts I am sure someone can identify that scenario. 🤔🙄
The Tiger Of Toungoo reprinted as DASL23 in the DASL module recently.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
What do you think. If wind is blowing and it’s not moist conditions, how likely are you to start a fire?
Nope, neither on the game board (Are you crazy? Ruins the scenarios where I have seen fire bugs try it). Not for me, nor for electronic readers, I still do old school with a real book.

My significant other loves her kindle and is always reading on it. I might in the future.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Nope, neither on the game board (Are you crazy? Ruins the scenarios where I have seen fire bugs try it). Not for me, nor for electronic readers, I still do old school with a real book.

My significant other loves her kindle and is always reading on it. I might in the future.
Well at least you can still read something!

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASL 206 "Hey, That Ain't a Rok!" was designed with Kindling as a tactic. If the USA does NOT use it, they are done. I've lost it when the kindle attempts didn't work (EC Very Dry with no wind at start).

Whoever Paul Works is, kudus to him for designing something that encourages kindling.

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ASL 206 "Hey, That Ain't a Rok!" was designed with Kindling as a tactic. If the USA does NOT use it, they are done. I've lost it when the kindle attempts didn't work (EC Very Dry with no wind at start).

Whoever Paul Works is, kudus to him for designing something that encourages kindling.
Seems to be a good reason why the rulebook should be amended so that kindling is only permitted by SSR.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
What would rock even more is if the scenario details encourage you to kindle by mentioning the tactics used in the AAR.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't get my charcoals in my Weber grill lit with an electric lighter in 5 minutes.

So kindling a row house in a scenario that lasted 5 minutes actual time seems ludicrous.