D13.35 VEHICULAR SMOKE GRENADES

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Regarding the above - up until now, I've thought German HT with an AAMG did not qualify - however, having read the above rule again I noticed ;

" the inherent crew ( or HS ) of any vehicle with a MA weapon indicated on its counter may place smoke grenades..."

And before that ...

D1.3 MAIN ARMAMENT ( MA ) TYPE

....or by the appropriate acronym for its MA MG, FT or ATR, in the bottom left etc.

I'm pretty sure I've been playing this wrong , right?

TIA

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, that's not how I read it - thanks, I'll read it again..
I believe it means by inherent crew or HS, the half squad that is present in some HTs by rule not a passenger or rider.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I believe it means by inherent crew or HS, the half squad that is present in some HTs by rule not a passenger or rider.
NRTH, however, I think inherent crew, surely? Can't think of a HS of any nationality off the top of my head which has a Smoke exponent...

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
NRTH, however, I think inherent crew, surely? Can't think of a HS of any nationality off the top of my head which has a Smoke exponent...
I believe he means those vehicles that have a a HS - rather than a vehicle crew - as the "Inherent crew".

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
It's quite a common tactic to have a vehicle try to place Smoke in order to "protect" the Infantry coming up behind them.....

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Can both the Internet crew and the HS given by the vehicle rules try to place smoke grenades on the same turn?
Only an inherent "crew" (be that an actual vehicle crew or a HS) can attempt it - not a HS Rider/Passengers....