D&D The Cartoon

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I can't see the video from where I'm at now, but I remember the cartoon.

I wish all my characters had adventures that were that easy... (I wouldn't have lost so many characters.)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
No, but they must have raked in a lot of money; they had two Intellivision tie-ins that were popular in the early 1980s and a slew of "gold-box" PC games in the late 80s/early 90s which were also popular - which I fondly remember - amidst all the other marketing tie-ins and gimmicks.

Pdqport

1st Caveman Superhero
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anybody recall watching this oh so many years ago? :laugh:

[YOUTUBE]mfif5DiGMYc[/YOUTUBE]
Must be nice to survive your first-level encounter with Tiamat :D

I do remember watching that show every Saturday morning. And here's a bit of trivia for ya, along with Willie Ames and Donnie Most it featured the voice talent of Frank Welker and Peter Cullen- Megatron and Optimus Prime from the Transfomers cartoon, respectively (and I believe Peter Cullen still does the Prime voice work in the films).

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As silly as the cartoon was, I wish there were more cartoons that dealt with Western fantasy themes. Whenever my nephew comes over, I am shocked by how every cartoon is based on an Eastern mythos. It's samurai this, kung fu that; Ninja this, karate that. I find it all somewhat alarming. Whatever happened to tales about brave knights and dragons?

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anybody recall watching this oh so many years ago? :laugh:

[YOUTUBE]mfif5DiGMYc[/YOUTUBE]
not only watching it, but purchased the DVD set when it was released at Best Buy. May be pure comedy and very "loosely" based on D&D, but it did and still does provide some lowbrow entertainment...