Copyright Discussion for Jim McLeod...

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Before the other thread was closed, Jim asked some Qs of the forum:

So, if someone gives me a DVD copy of a movie from a DVD they bought and I in turn make a copy of that copy, that is perfectly legal?
No, in almost every country signing international IP protection treaties.

Even if I have a purchased copy of that DVD, is it legal to own an illegally made copy of that movie?
Again, no.

There seems to be a bit of a myth out there that copyright law is attached to commercial profitability and financial gain. It's not. It's based around principles of the creator's granted permission of fair use and inter-person distribution, regardless of financial opportunity.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Okay, so you have an ASL rulebook sat there on your desk. Some pages give you permission to copy them for personal use. The rest do not. You decide ot ignore the 'Copyright MMP' or whatever and copy it anyway. That's your call.

Fine. You do what you do. Your relationship with the law is your business. But to then criticise other people for the same thing makes you a hypocrite.

Do I really need to spell out waht happened?

I am pretty much annoyed by the thread being shut down. I had the hypocrite scrote and King Dorosh I the magnificent on the ropes and they rang the bell.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Alright you yahoos ... don't make me use 'the Cat' ...
BAH!!!! Much like your chosen fire table, that cat is a pale immitation of the original! Dont make me use the cat. :freak: -- jim

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand
Copywrite infringement is now the flamewar topic to end flamewar topics. The closed down thread was the nastiest thread I have ever read on the forum. Guys - please just let it go.

Jim McLeod

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
BAH!!!! Much like your chosen fire table, that cat is a pale immitation of the original! Dont make me use the cat. :freak: -- jim
Jim, my cat will hear your cat coming from a mile away.

While your puss-ee is blasting away aimlessly, my kitty will be putting the "single shot day-wrecker round" through the noodle of noisy cat.

:devious:

Jim McLeod

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Copywrite infringement is now the flamewar topic to end flamewar topics. The closed down thread was the nastiest thread I have ever read on the forum. Guys - please just let it go.
Tony, that tussle was nuthin'. No more than a little mussed up hair ... for those who still have hair that is ... ;)

Wait until the venom really starts to flow. :yummy:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Okay, so you have an ASL rulebook sat there on your desk. Some pages give you permission to copy them for personal use. The rest do not. You decide ot ignore the 'Copyright MMP' or whatever and copy it anyway. That's your call.

Fine. You do what you do. Your relationship with the law is your business. But to then criticise other people for the same thing makes you a hypocrite.
Tate is in no way a hypocrite. Your posts on this matter have not served you well - all you've done is demonstrate your own inability to read, comprehend, understand, relate to, and intelligently discuss someone else's point of view, while at the same time descended to name calling and petty attacks worthy of the kindergarten playground. It's why you're now on my ignore list.

Tate rather patiently tried to explain it to you at least twice; it's clear your personal biases won't let you discuss this with any kind of open-mindedness. I'm not aware that you have any creative endeavours of your own out in the community that would stand at risk of theft by others, so it seems to me that, as usual, those that stand to lose the least from copyright criminals like Scott are the ones to assert the most loudly his right to rip others off. Yet ironically, in the end, he damages the entire community. Why you continue to display your ignorance on the matter is anyone's guess. Your continued assertion that Tate's actions have been injurious are equally puzzling given Bruce's excellent post on the matter which has been reproduced in at least two different locations today.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Jim, my cat will hear your cat coming from a mile away.

While your puss-ee is blasting away aimlessly, my kitty will be putting the "single shot day-wrecker round" through the noodle of noisy cat.

:devious:
Ever see Terminator? Those guys were wimps compared to the Original Cat. All your cat would do is reveal it's location and then pain would descend on it like Pitman to a new tub of counters. -- jim

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
1) Who here does not have at least one MP3 or movie that fits the qualifications?

2) Possessing said article & belaboring the point very publicly on a constant basis is indeed the very definition of hypocrisy.

3) With certain members here, nasty seems to be 'bread and butter'.
Apparently that's common among online forums.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
1) Who here does not have at least one MP3 or movie that fits the qualifications?
Me. Though the question does arise - do two wrongs make a right?

2) Possessing said article & belaboring the point very publicly on a constant basis is indeed the very definition of hypocrisy.
I disagree, mildly, with a gentle caution against comparing apples to oranges. They're two separate issues, if you're talking about e-rulebooks and simply copying of counters/artwork. "Fair use" applies to one but not the other - see Bruce's post. I can understand the desire to simplify the issue, but as with many things in real life, I don't think it is that easy.

3) With certain members here, nasty seems to be 'bread and butter'.
Apparently that's common among online forums.
Probably correct.

Last edited:

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Tate is in no way a hypocrite.
He IS because he called others who has benefitted from copyright violation. Now he's caught doing the same thing. Fact.

Your posts on this matter have not served you well - all you've done is demonstrate your own inability to read, comprehend, understand, relate to, and intelligently discuss someone else's point of view,
I can read, comprehend, understand, relate to blatant hypocrisy when I see it. I don't need a map. And thanks by the way for your input on my intelligence.

...while at the same time descended to name calling and petty attacks worthy of the kindergarten playground. It's why you're now on my ignore list.
Read this: You started the foul laguage with Your 'GFY.' Furthermore before you chimed in the argument was focused on the issue at hand: The scrote's hypocrisy. What have you added but alienation of multiple forum members?

Tate rather patiently tried to explain it to you at least twice; it's clear your personal biases won't let you discuss this with any kind of open-mindedness. I'm not aware that you have any creative endeavours of your own out in the community that would stand at risk of theft by others, so it seems to me that, as usual, those that stand to lose the least from copyright criminals like Scott are the ones to assert the most loudly his right to rip others off. Yet ironically, in the end, he damages the entire community. Why you continue to display your ignorance on the matter is anyone's guess. Your continued assertion that Tate's actions have been injurious are equally puzzling given Bruce's excellent post on the matter which has been reproduced in at least two different locations today.
As you have obviously decided to ignore, he has been found to posess materials that violate copyright and he is being held to account for his having derided others for doing the same. Don't try to mak e this about Scott. He's not the focus here.

The fact that I have no onging endeavours in the ASL profiteer business does not place me in a position of having no valid opinion. You are exhibiting true arrogance like you did with our Belgian fiend. How dare YOU dismiss the view of another member , saying it is not about them? Who the hell put YOU in charge??

So what you're saying is... its not about me? Does that make me a 'woman' in your eyes? So lets get to this 'Only women' comment you made. Is that just an off the cuff insult or are you of the view that women have no say? If women are inferior, how about anyone who is not of your demographic?

You've exposed yourself as a bigot already my friend. keep digging!

Jim McLeod

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ever see Terminator? Those guys were wimps compared to the Original Cat. All your cat would do is reveal it's location and then pain would descend on it like Pitman to a new tub of counters. -- jim
Have you seen the latest U-tube video of Mark doing his leap into the tub'o counters thing?

He gets some good air during his launch (great form by the way), he must have a heck of a long hallway leading to the can to get that much speed going, but it looks like he may have miscalculated the counter-compaction factor.

Everything happens pretty fast but it looks like Mark bounces on the counters, glances off the tub rim, catches a foot on the taps on the way down, and does a 180 before landing hard on the floor.

All that without a thong!

Man, that must've hurt.

It sure is impressive seeing that much pink flesh moving with such agility and grace.

Bottom line, fire yer' best shot.

It'll glance off kitty. :smoke:

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Have you seen the latest U-tube video of Mark doing his leap into the tub'o counters thing?

He gets some good air during his launch (great form by the way), he must have a heck of a long hallway leading to the can to get that much speed going, but it looks like he may have miscalculated the counter-compaction factor.

Everything happens pretty fast but it looks like Mark bounces on the counters, glances off the tub rim, catches a foot on the taps on the way down, and does a 180 before landing hard on the floor.

All that without a thong!

Man, that must've hurt.

It sure is impressive seeing that much pink flesh moving with such agility and grace.

Bottom line, fire yer' best shot.

It'll glance off kitty. :smoke:
I see you too have been fooled by that imitation video. It was produced by radical pro-IIFT and pro-dicetower subversives to discredit Mark. When it comes to a tub of counters, Mark is Greg Louganis. I have personally witnessed a 3.5 summersault from the tuck position without one single counter splashing over the side. By far is most impressive ever though was in inward twisting 2.5 layout. Absolutely brilliant that one was. Quite impressive actually given his vertical jump is not what it once was. -- jim

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
(Tater) has been found to posess materials that violate copyright
Gentlemen (Trevor and Michael), the issue is whether the materials Tater possesses constitutes infringement or fair use. One says black, the other white. On that narrow point, I'm glad to listen to both sides -- without personal attacks (and I don't care who started it, let's stop it now).

So far, I find the cat-chat the most enlightening thing on this thread.

My two cents.

Alan

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks Alan for that. Nice to share your outlook on this.

The copy of the rulebook the scrote has wasn't copied by him. Someone esle gave him a copy of the intellectual property. It violates copyright.

Even if he sat and typed the thing in himself, he'd have violated copyright. Why else do some pages in the rulebook carry explicit permssion to copy while most do not?

The scrote calls other copyright violators fit to burst. He is a hypocrite.

Anything more I can clear up for you? Global warming? World peace perhaps? Third world poverty? How about fusion power?

Oh and by the way, as another revolting development ...Dorosh thinks he's in charge. You should probably ask his permission as to whether you should be posting here in the first place.

Last edited:

Steven Linton

Maniac with keyboard
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi!

Just got back from getting the cat's stealth software upgraded. Did I miss anything?

Jim McLeod

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I see you too have been fooled by that imitation video. It was produced by radical pro-IIFT and pro-dicetower subversives to discredit Mark. When it comes to a tub of counters, Mark is Greg Louganis. I have personally witnessed a 3.5 summersault from the tuck position without one single counter splashing over the side. By far is most impressive ever though was in inward twisting 2.5 layout. Absolutely brilliant that one was. Quite impressive actually given his vertical jump is not what it once was. -- jim
Mark's athletic counter tub diving skills are beyond both reproach or equal.

Have you seen the trailer for his latest video release, "Mark Gone Wild"?

Who knew a white guy, 50 000 ASL counters, a hot tub, soft lighting and three Bulgarian midgets could be so, so ... erotic ...

That said, the biggish looking Bulgarian of the three did bear more than a passing resemblance to Tater. The moustache looks suspect and Bulgarians are usually more swarthy looking.

:)