BoF16 Saluting a General

chef-62

xxxxxxxx
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
In Russia OB there is a 81 MTR dismantled. Can I set up it assembled and emplaced? Or I must wait my first turn to assembly it?

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If it is in the OB as dm, then it must set up that way. If the OB has a gun/SW in functioning order, it may set up dismantled or functioning.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A9.8:
"A weapon may start a scenario dm at the owner’s option [EXC: if listed as dm it must start in that state]."

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In Russia OB there is a 81 MTR dismantled. Can I set up it assembled and emplaced? Or I must wait my first turn to assembly it?
It’s a 82mm Mtr. Note it can fire one shot after undismantling, or it can fire once then dismantle. This is the only weapon I know of that can do this. To make clear: the 82mm mortar can assemble and fire once in the same fire phase.
See the way the Russians work, they pick slightly bigger bores so they can use 81mm ammo in a 82mm tube but not the other way around. Same thing with 76.2mm/75mm,122mm/120mm, 152mm/150mm.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also if you have foxholes in that scenario, you can remantle the mortar in that foxhole and gain those foxhole benefits. Funnily, the 82mm Russian Mortar still suffers CA changes (RoF goes down) where as an 81mm or less Mortars RoF stays the same.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Also if you have foxholes in that scenario, you can remantle the mortar in that foxhole and gain those foxhole benefits. Funnily, the 82mm Russian Mortar still suffers CA changes (RoF goes down) where as an 81mm or less Mortars RoF stays the same.
But the Russian 82mm is special. It is definitively a good idea to read the Ordnance Notes on it.
Can't remember the details but opposed to other MTRs it can be assembled AND fire or fire AND be dismantled or so. Something in that line. That capability can actually be useful in that scenario.

von Marwitz

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Of course I know that. Used the tactic of assembling and disambling a mortar in RB.

But the Russian 82mm is special. It is definitively a good idea to read the Ordnance Notes on it.
Can't remember the details but opposed to other MTRs it can be assembled AND fire or fire AND be dismantled or so. Something in that line. That capability can actually be useful in that scenario.

von Marwitz

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Funnily, the 82mm Russian Mortar still suffers CA changes (RoF goes down) where as an 81mm or less Mortars RoF stays the same.
The rule, C2.5, says:
"The multiple ROF of a non-vehicular NT Gun [EXC: 76-82mm mortar] is lowered by one for its next shot in the current phase if it changes its CA for that shot...."

So the Russian 82mm MTR should be good as well....

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The rule, C2.5, says:
"The multiple ROF of a non-vehicular NT Gun [EXC: 76-82mm mortar] is lowered by one for its next shot in the current phase if it changes its CA for that shot...."

So the Russian 82mm MTR should be good as well....
Thanks.
I went to read the rules and had not found the reason of Scott's exception.
So it doesn't exist after all.