AP18 goodies?

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
If it means anything: The record listed on the Archive is 1 win for each side.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In fact, apart from Bret's TD AAR, did anybody post an ASLOK AAR?

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
In fact, apart from Bret's TD AAR, did anybody post an ASLOK AAR?
My ASLOk AAR (Fish spelled it with a "k"; that's good enough for me): I went. I spent time with friends. Ate some decent meals with friends. Spent a long drive with a good friend. I played some ASL. Life is good. -- jim

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Any early returns on what's good from AP18? I'm intrigued by AP191 East Wind.
I lost a very close AP193 Hit It & Quit It, I had 18VPs as the Partisan and if I had killed one more truck I was golden but the dice would not cooperate. Tight and action packed fight. Looking to play at least half of the remaining scenarios, they look very intriguing to me.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
They are an interesting looking bunch of scenarios. The boards are cool too. Slowly the number of Berlin scenarios is going up.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not an AAR. "I played some ASL" is not an AAR. "You just gotta go yourself" is not an AAR.

Weak. That's what you ASLOK folks are. I don't think you played a single game. You sat around, drank, and watched TV.
Wasn't that right around the time of the Golden Bachelor premier?

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the most popular scenario was 'Not Fade Away'. And the most glowing compliment of all -- More than one player played it twice. :)

Results seemed to be a bit pro-American, but I observed many close games.

In contrast, 'Break In on Rollbhan A" seemed to have a lot more blowouts. (Both ways, though)

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I lost a very close AP193 Hit It & Quit It, I had 18VPs as the Partisan and if I had killed one more truck I was golden but the dice would not cooperate. Tight and action packed fight. Looking to play at least half of the remaining scenarios, they look very intriguing to me.
But the million-dollar question is : Did you use the CC SSR to sneak out of ambush to kill a truck?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not an AAR. "I played some ASL" is not an AAR. "You just gotta go yourself" is not an AAR.

Weak. That's what you ASLOK folks are. I don't think you played a single game. You sat around, drank, and watched TV.
Not that sitting around, drinking, hob-knobbing with some grognards, watching some ASL being played, and some TV is bad mind you, but it is a pretty weak AAR.

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Again, drag your sorry ass back to the Midwest and find out exactly what goes on!!

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Imagine how weak you must be if you couldn't even muster the energy to exert yourself more than those of us whom attended. You're weak, covered in weak sauce, sauteed in weak butter, served with weak tea without any milk. If it has milk, it would be weak milk. Could you even muster the strength to chew on a good steak? ;) -- jim

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
There are actually 120 Berlin scenarios listed on the Archive. But most of them are entered twice and some even three times due to reprints. So the actual number would be about 60. Most TPP with lots of CH stuff. The official ones number at about 4 or 5.

M Faulkner

Disgruntled Democrat
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llUnited States

I sat in the ER or hospital room for most of the week with my wife. She developed double pneumonia…