What's Your Desktop Wallpaper?

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also great! I really need to invest more time over there.

Im sure he does, I have spent most of my life on deviant art, great site that never ever gets boring, I wish I could do some of the stuff I see there such as
Isn't that what gaming is for? :D

View attachment 30555

Hmm...that Sister of Battle looks a bit like Ann Coulter, which I find entirely appropriate. :D

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Man, how do you find all these excellent sci-fi illustrations?!? Do you spend all day on Deviant Art?!? :(:D
Something like that :hush: Though I have spent the last couple of days trying to install Neverwinter Nights... and much to my chagrin the darned think won't load. So now I'm playing Warcraft III and Starcraft Broodwar getting creamed by the AI:nuts:

Im sure he does, I have spent most of my life on deviant art, great site that never ever gets boring, I wish I could do some of the stuff I see there such as
Couldn't agree more!

Last edited:

SkaterMcgee

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So now I'm playing Warcraft III and Starcraft Broodwar getting creamed by the AI:nuts:

I just installed Starcraft yesterday again. Once I get my awesome pwnorgasmic godlike skills back, I can play you.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just installed Starcraft yesterday again. Once I get my awesome pwnorgasmic godlike skills back, I can play you.
Haha uuummmm.... yyeeeaaaahhh... gonna have to hold off on any games between us because.... well I really.... really..... really suck :laugh:

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We all have places we want to visit or live.... and our own little slice of land named after us... Which brings to ask... what was William Wallace really like and that woman called Mary??

My latest:

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So I was surfing a 40K subforum and came across an infamous Space Marine chapter known as The Angry Marines. Never having heard of these servants of the Emporer I decided to do some research. Well... I can say I am now a BIG fan of those rather Temperous Maximous marines.

ALWAY ANGRY ALL THE TIME!!!

If you don't know who they are here's a brief tid-bit of their history and description of who they are:
The Angry Marines employ a variety of weapons notably different to the standard Space Marine arsenal. This includes dual powerfists, powerfeet, powerbats, powerwrenches, and even the Predator Angrinator, a modified version of the Predator Whirlwind artillery tank that fires the Angry Marines themselves directly into the enemy ranks. These items are detailed in Codex: ANGRY MARINES.
+++++
From the personal diaries of Private R.C. Mongler, 4th Chanian Regiment.
+++++
My chapter had landed on a barren little ball of rock called Vesuveous. The Inquisition had ordered us to the planet on suspicion of Chaos corruption. Surely enough, we ran into a group of Chaos Marines within a day of landing. The fools. Turning their backs on the God Emperor for whatever sick rewards they received from the deceiving Warp fiends. The battle started the second morning. Their attack was especially fierce, and my brothers and I had great trouble keeping them at bay. It seemed that for every one of them we killed, three more showed up. Our own losses were of no small concern. In a rare moment of calm, Brother Captain Morgain confided in me that if we were not killed by these berserkers, we would almost certainly be killed by the Inquisition for failure. As our numbers dwindled, I grew concerned: surely we would all be killed, and the Emperor's work would not be carried out. We prepared for a final assault, one which had been coming for near a week of the most intense fighting I had ever seen. We surrounded a small hill, atop which stood our last Dreadnought, Brother Klarr. We saw their force coming from below. We knew this was our end. But suddenly, a shadow passed over us. Some great demon come to finish us off? No. It was a drop pod. Out of it stepped a small company of our brethren. They wore bright yellow armor, a bizarre crest upon their shoulders, unlike any chapter I had yet heard of. A circle, with two lines crossing it and two dots in the middle -- almost as if to suggest an angry face. They formed a line between us and the now charging Chaos Marines.

The Chaos Marines' bright red armor shone in the late afternoon sun, the spikes upon their shoulders menacing. The new arrivals stood fast. As the distance between the two forces began to close, there arose from these yellow warriors the loudest scream I had ever heard. It shook the ground. Even through my helmet, it made my ears ring and my skull ache. And it simply kept getting louder as their Captain's fist slowly rose into the air. As it rose to a nearly supersonic volume, I finally made out the words contained in the scream:

"ALWAYS ANGRY!!!"

In a chorus louder even than the Captain's scream, the soldiers returned:

"ALL THE TIME!!!"

Then it began.

Without a word, these space marines returned to their drop pod and were soon whisked away from the battlefield. There had been no more than a dozen of them, not a single word exchanged between our two chapters. To this day, I have never seen any marines fight with such rage and hatred. The mass of enemy berserkers was reduced to mere chunks, legs, arms, heads, craters full of blood. Bits of red armor lay strew about the field. We had not even had the chance to advance by the time the screaming -- both theirs and the enemy's -- was through. I turned to my Captain and asked, "Who were they?"

"I had thought it was rumor. But no. Emperor bless us all, those were the Angry Marines."
A special quote from their codex:
Outside of combat, Angry Marine Librarians are reclusive and withdrawn, noses pressed firmly in their books. Whether they are studying foreign languages or reviewing their tomes of insults, they are seeking ways to better express their rage and hatred.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No...... I just really really really suck at Starcraft. Honestly, the AI owns me hella hard in every game! I'm always broke as hell so I have a small army, and when I finally have a chance to expand I find that the AI has already taken about 60% of the map and is knocking on my doorstep (or sometimes inside my base killing everything). Despite how often the AI pwns me it's still a lot of fun... but as for playing someone else... I highly doubt I'll be any competition.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is one of the funniest things I have read in a while. :D I think the Angry Marines are the 40K offspring of the Tea Party movement. :laugh:

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah you have to figure in a universe such as the 41st Millennium where there is only war, an outrageous chapters such as The Angry Marines exists somewhere.
Another tidbit:
The records of this dire moment in Imperial History were (until I came upon them) known only to the two Space Marine Chapters that took part in the skirmish. However, only by putting the two records together is the truth found.

The Pretty Marines tell of a conflict fraught with glory against the odds, and of dire betrayal: "Before the sortie against our enemy our glorious Chapter-Master graced us with a speech, before the resplendent lines of Brother-Marines sparking under the twin suns he told of beautiful victory, of the fates of our enemies. As one we cheered, then awaited his inevitable dance number. From the skies fell a drop pod, smashing into our forward lines and engulfing the area with thick dust. It took us only a moment to clear the air with our blow-dryers, but it was a moment too late as we saw the Chapter-Master fallen..."

The Angry Marines tell the other side of the story, though in far less words due to a lacking in vocabulary beyond many four letter cusses. Hastily inserted into the annals of their chapter glory is simply a picture with the words "OWNED" across it, and the image of the Pretty Marines Chapter Master unconscious on the ground, a crude moustache drawn on his face with paint, and what appears to be a set of testicles on his forehead.

So began the greatest feud in Imperial History.
The Pretty Marines:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And to think that this Space Marine chapter was created by those wackos over in 4chan's /tg/ channel :crosseye:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Liz, that's a pretty grim picture. Do you need a hug? :)

Kawaiku: WTH?!? The Immortal Emperor helping the orcs?!?

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Nah, Scott, just a way to keep focused on a scenario I'm updating for TOAW III, LOL!

WW1 is like that, eh? Here's a pic of the last desktop....

:clown::nuts::clown:

Last edited: