What's Your Desktop Wallpaper?

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well said Scott. Thanks for the comments.

Have you played KOTOR2? In many ways the story was more rich and deep than KOTOR1, and darker too. Unfortunately though, the end game was seriously flawed.
I haven't played any of the SW games; I'm not a big a fan of the franchise. I prefer the dark future of 40K. :headbang: :)

Nice one, Quellist. I really like the artwork over at Deviant. There are some good artists over there.

JRodda

Reaction score
Scott - I hear you about dark futures. That's probably why I like Blade Runner so much.

Kawaiku - That Raiders shot is beautiful!

Quellist

Reaction score
Country
llCuba
Good one Quellist. I like a lot, thanks for sharing. The scene is sort of Gothic and apocalyptic, like Kerrigan: QoB. :surprise:
yw. Now that you mention it, she looks somewhat like Kerrigan before the transformation. And now I want to play SC2 even more, thanks a lot for reminding me... :(

Nice one, Quellist. I really like the artwork over at Deviant. There are some good artists over there.
Yeah, some excellent talent over there. It is a nice way to lose some hours just looking at all the cool stuff.

JRodda

Reaction score
Ah yes, Starcraft. Don't get me started. I've been waiting patiently for SC2 for a decade. I even got a new high-end rig in anticipation of it. I know this is a little off topic, but I still think Starcraft is the best PC game ever. I don't think I've ever seen a game that did such a good job combining great gameplay with a very engaging story. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts, you might say. I was a bit disappointed to see that Blizzard did not get Glynnis Talken back to do the voice-overs for Kerrigan. A pity, she did a great job in the original game.

On topic: Does anyone have a good Kerrigan desktop to share? I don't really like the ones I've seen at Blizzard and floating around on the Internet.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I rotate mine quite often as the mood hits me: this week's is of our first grandbaby at Christmas- "Kael" in grandma's crochet'd Santa suit. (being held up by his dad.)

Picts of him may be my wallpaper a lot!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, now that my flavor of the month is decidedly all things Stalker, I have this winter scene of Chernobyl:

View attachment 28773

PS: I wish Stalker had a winter weather cycle. There is a winter mod, but you have to turn it on and off as desired, AFAIK.

Pandur

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
these are my regulars, i switch around once a month or so...my desktop res is 1920x1080.
btw. these are to big here, how do you guys make them "smal" here? i uped them at imageshack and that is the result.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I love the valley scene. Where is that?

There are two ways to make them smaller:

First, you can upload the pics directly to GameSquad. You do this by:

1) Click on "go advanced" when writing a post
2) Click on the paperclip icon
3) Click on "add files"
4) upload whatever files you want
5) Insert them into the text ("inline" for a specific place in the post, as an "attachment" to have them appear at the bottom of the post)

The software will automatically reduce them to a thumbnail for easy viewing.

With Imageshack, don't use the direct link, instead use the "thumbnail link" or "post to a forum" link to reduce the image.

SkaterMcgee

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also, if you have crappy internet it will take a long time to load on the screen.