[video=youtube;gNy8w6Ki0lM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNy8w6Ki0lM[/video]

:D

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have no idea how it worked, or even what I just saw happening. :( :D

However, I do know that Starcraft II has a fairly high degree of, if not "modability" in the usual sense, perhaps one could say "ability to customize". I vaguely remember reading something, back when it came out, that talked about compromises that were made to allow them to put some "really cool stuff" into the single-player missions. I think the point was that this stuff couldn't be in standard multi-player games but would be available for use in custom community-designed boards. Wish I could point to the discussion but I haven't the faintest idea where I saw it.

John

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I haven't had a chance to look into this yet, but what you said sounds reasonable. I hear the map editor included with the game is very powerful - much more than what you would typically consider a "map editor". I bet it also has behavior mod tools, too.

I wish the game came with something approaching a real manual. All there is is a 14-page backstory PDF that pretends it is a manual. :( I guess they don't want to step on the toes of all those companies that publish strategy guides for the game, such as this one.

In many ways, both technical and superficial, SC2 operates more like a MMO than a typical SP/MP game.