Zamoly - huge tank battle.

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Panzers Last Stand has a scenario on the battle of Zamoly.

It appears the HASL map posted is oriented with West on top. Looks like the few hexes around the Zamoly town, with the bend in the Forras river and with hills to the south.

View attachment 27691

View attachment 27692
Correct, we may say NW/NWW better. We preferred to orient the map in the direction (left/right) of the most important flows, to include the more terrain was possible for the action. The PLS map, that however represents a whole different game scale, is not accurate in relation of the heights, Borbalamajor and Alsopuszta are the topmost, the woods SW of Zamoly are on lower levels. The woods in the draft posted by Honza are not the definitive, these below are closer to the definitive. The shape of the woods in PLS are as they are now, we drew the shape as in 1945

Last edited:

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Are HUngarian forces involved?
Hungarian Artillery batteries Off-Board and there was probably a hungarian small undersized infantry battalion attached to 23. PzD in that moment but we didnt understand which until now, and if it was deployed in the area we are considering for the game. For the rest all Germans and Soviets.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
How long do you think this module will take to be created?

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
How long do you think this module will take to be created?
We want to give a complete representation of this slice of Hungarian front in January 1945, with also the very important artillery dynamics, so the design work couldn't be so brief, i think we will begin to play the first scenario test within a couple of weeks, maybe less. We'd like to release the game before the summer but i don't think we could achieve this result, if everything will go well i think that the next November could be a good deadline. But i could be wrong, maybe before, who knows.