Which are the AFV heavy CGs?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Which CGs are AFV heavy? The KGP modules, Operation Veritable, Onslaught To Orsha, Prokhorovka!.....any others? (Ponyri on it's way).

I must admit that I'm happy with the vehicle rules in ASL. Concise but effective. When a new module like Prokhorovka is released, which is AFV heavy, I don't think "oh no the rules aren't good enough for this" I think "great lets play it". The AFV rules don't let the game down and Chapter H is a masterpiece.

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
Which CGs are AFV heavy? The KGP modules, Operation Veritable, Onslaught To Orsha, Prokhorovka!.....any others? (Ponyri on it's way).

I must admit that I'm happy with the vehicle rules in ASL. Concise but effective. When a new module like Prokhorovka is released, which is AFV heavy, I don't think "oh no the rules aren't good enough for this" I think "great lets play it". The AFV rules don't let the game down and Chapter H is a masterpiece.
The Hatten CG can get fairly tank heavy (especially relative to it's map size). See map from www.hatten1945.com.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I second KGP I and Veritable, but in Veritable (at least early on) the Canadian AFVs are overwhelmingly Rams for transport.

Del

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
The Hatten CG can get fairly tank heavy (especially relative to it's map size). See map from www.hatten1945.com.

View attachment 27609
Interesting that there are very few wrecks in the village itself, most are in the fields and orchards on either side. I’m guessing that no sane tank commander wants to be trapped in a narrow street environment if they can avoid it.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hatten is awesome, what a great, manageable campaign with a bunch of cool and balanced scenarios.

I love what was done with Budapest, Manilla and the Korea but the Hatten HASL was a nice break from some pretty heavy chrome and a bunch of new rules to learn, you can play Hatten pretty much right out of the box. Plus I have a bit of sentiment involving Hatten as it was given to me as a gift from the Southern New England ASL Community soon after I got sick in 2018. It was very much appreciated.

I too would love to see the other town involved in this fighting, Rittershoffen, become a HASL that can be linked to Hatten like RB & RO are.

Nice job by all involved and looking forward to more...

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
Hatten is awesome, what a great, manageable campaign with a bunch of cool and balanced scenarios.

I love what was done with Budapest, Manilla and the Korea but the Hatten HASL was a nice break from some pretty heavy chrome and a bunch of new rules to learn, you can play Hatten pretty much right out of the box. Plus I have a bit of sentiment involving Hatten as it was given to me as a gift from the Southern New England ASL Community soon after I got sick in 2018. It was very much appreciated.

I too would love to see the other town involved in this fighting, Rittershoffen, become a HASL that can be linked to Hatten like RB & RO are.

Nice job by all involved and looking forward to more...
Appreciate the kind words on Hatten. In terms of 'similiar' sized CGs, the Aussie crew released Sparrow Force. Further, we have developed an Eastern Front mid-war CG on a HASL map the same size as Hatten that will be finalised in a 2-3 months (possibly with a 'winterized' board). Rittershoffen might be another lifetime away ...

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
Interesting that there are very few wrecks in the village itself, most are in the fields and orchards on either side. I’m guessing that no sane tank commander wants to be trapped in a narrow street environment if they can avoid it.
I agree with that assessment. Additionally, when the German panzers attempted on the morning of the first day to move into the village itself they were met by an angry near-sighted American cook, (then) Private Vito Bertoldo, who won a Medal of Honor for his effort in slowing down the armored assault.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Appreciate the kind words on Hatten. In terms of 'similiar' sized CGs, the Aussie crew released Sparrow Force. Further, we have developed an Eastern Front mid-war CG on a HASL map the same size as Hatten that will be finalised in a 2-3 months (possibly with a 'winterized' board). Rittershoffen might be another lifetime away ...
Nice work Andy, and appreciated by us ASLers in New England. I sure look forward to the eastern front HASL, Sparrow Force ROCKS, it makes manageable PTO fun on a great map, good luck with everything you guys are working on... Enjoy your Holidays!

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
they were met by an angry near-sighted American cook, (then) Private Vito Bertoldo, who won a Medal of Honor for his effort in slowing down the armored assault.
I've played this scenario several times, and I think in every one of them Vitoldo didn't live long enough to receive his Medal (this might be in part due to the fact that there is no bonus in the VCs for keeping him alive - Heroes are the most expendable resources ever, except maybe in CGs when they can get you a MMC Battle Harden)

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wasn't able to get Hatten is there any chance it will be reprinted?