Twilight Of The Reich And WO #15 Are Up For Pre-Order

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mine is in the house as of yesterday afternoon. Really interesting scenarios. The variable OBs should lend to replayability.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bad weather is the norm for the continental U.S. for January. Had a very bad (1"+) ice storm the weekend of the 13th,
and it shut down EVERYTHING. No bus, no cabs and my usual style of bicycling to work would be considered to be
attempted suicide. Lost three days of work [part-time] because of it. Pity MMP's office had to be shut down on
Friday, but employee safety first. I'll look next week on Yahoo for shipping notification of my order.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bad weather is the norm for the continental U.S. for January. Had a very bad (1"+) ice storm the weekend of the 13th,
and it shut down EVERYTHING. No bus, no cabs and my usual style of bicycling to work would be considered to be
attempted suicide. Lost three days of work [part-time] because of it. Pity MMP's office had to be shut down on
Friday, but employee safety first. I'll look next week on Yahoo for shipping notification of my order.
Mine escaped HQ just before that storm and even with another minor snowstorm occurring, I received mine yesterday. Luckily, I only live about 2.5 hours from MMP HQ.

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since the boards in WO #15 are Deluxe, is it safe to assume the scenarios are also played on Deluxe boards?

Reason I ask is that I've given up on Deluxe "knife fight in a phonebooth" Scenarios.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Looks like MMP is back at work! Order #65 TotR/#49 BP15 changed from "Hold for Preorder" to "Processing!" :)

Update: Switched to Shipped at 1312. Now the wait... :(

Last edited:

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
The current deep freeze would be good motivation to punch counters and Xacto overlays. But the weather is warming up here, so who knows when I'll get to it. Also, I suspect a massive counter reorganization is due. I think I have singlehandedly made Plano a fortune 500 company. I guess there will be a dedicated 3600 just for the SS As well as one for the new Russians. Pretty soon my countermix of squads will exceed the actual numbers of units they represent. A few more HASLs and my counters will stack up to the moon.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
The Russian NKVD Bins should already exist if you have VotG. But the Brits AE's and the Axis Minors T-34's are new. :)

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The current deep freeze would be good motivation to punch counters and Xacto overlays. But the weather is warming up here, so who knows when I'll get to it. Also, I suspect a massive counter reorganization is due. I think I have singlehandedly made Plano a fortune 500 company. I guess there will be a dedicated 3600 just for the SS As well as one for the new Russians. Pretty soon my countermix of squads will exceed the actual numbers of units they represent. A few more HASLs and my counters will stack up to the moon.
Started punching and sorting all my "new age" -- read, larger and more readable -- counters for the IJA last night. Then, I realized I had not left enough room for vehicles, so a couple of SW squares are getting combined tonight.

Also need to snag the BV counter sheet with the standard 8-3-8s on it, as all the larger image ones I have are soley from the starter kits.

My US was done until TOTR showed up -- now I have some Ami Assault Engineers to add to the box.

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
Started punching and sorting all my "new age" -- read, larger and more readable -- counters for the IJA last night. Then, I realized I had not left enough room for vehicles, so a couple of SW squares are getting combined tonight.

Also need to snag the BV counter sheet with the standard 8-3-8s on it, as all the larger image ones I have are soley from the starter kits.

My US was done until TOTR showed up -- now I have some Ami Assault Engineers to add to the box.
Back in the early days 80s/90s I used to use the flimsy counter trays and then the GMT style ones (Just don't drop). Then In the early 2000's I migrated them to the Chessex containers. Those were great and very secure. However, when opening them the counters turned into jumping beans. By the time I got the Historical Study's I had to yet again migrate this time into Plano 3701s. Those were great and one or two would do an entire nation OOB. Finally, a nice uniform storage solution. When VOTG came out that threw a wrench into that idea. Now the OCD gears really spun as I had mixed nationality trays, ugh... Now I have started migrating into 3600's smaller but deeper. All the 3701's get vehicles and one sits lid off with the MOST common game markers next to the board.

Once the stuff was in the game boxes on a bookshelf. ------>Then a special cabinet with all the ASL stuff. -----> Then empty game boxes on a bookshelf with the rest in the cabinet for Maps/Counters/Scenarios and yeah, all those 3 ring binders withs rules.

Well Hells Bells. I now have to convert a dedicated ROOM for ASL storage. One thing I can say. I'm glad I'm on the back 9 in life and not live to see it, because at this rate I'd have to have a dedicated house for storage.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Back in the early days 80s/90s I used to use the flimsy counter trays and then the GMT style ones (Just don't drop). Then In the early 2000's I migrated them to the Chessex containers. Those were great and very secure. However, when opening them the counters turned into jumping beans. By the time I got the Historical Study's I had to yet again migrate this time into Plano 3701s. Those were great and one or two would do an entire nation OOB. Finally, a nice uniform storage solution. When VOTG came out that threw a wrench into that idea. Now the OCD gears really spun as I had mixed nationality trays, ugh... Now I have started migrating into 3600's smaller but deeper. All the 3701's get vehicles and one sits lid off with the MOST common game markers next to the board.

Once the stuff was in the game boxes on a bookshelf. ------>Then a special cabinet with all the ASL stuff. -----> Then empty game boxes on a bookshelf with the rest in the cabinet for Maps/Counters/Scenarios and yeah, all those 3 ring binders withs rules.

Well Hells Bells. I now have to convert a dedicated ROOM for ASL storage. One thing I can say. I'm glad I'm on the back 9 in life and not live to see it, because at this rate I'd have to have a dedicated house for storage.
3701s with the yellow swivel latches are my standard now. Unfortunately, once stuff like Festung Budapest hit and the additional AMI counters, I had had to expand to three Planos for Americans and Germans. The IJA still gets one, but this is a change because originally, I had the GMD and the IJA in one Plano. Russians still have a 3701, all their vehicles go into a 3600. Brits have two, but I don't have the larger counters from the latest FKAC yet, so I am standing pat there. Hungarians got two -- again, it's Bill Cirrillo's fault -- one for Infantry a 3600 for vehicles and gunz.

Other Axis Minors and the Allied Minors will stay in 3600s. I don't have HP yet but hoping to get the Finns and Swedish Volunteers in of 3600.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Well, it is better than the trash bag with BV counters in the bottom I once saw someone bring to a tournament 30+ years ago, when things were not nearly as full as they are today, might need another Plano 3701...

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Well, it is better than the trash bag with BV counters in the bottom I once saw someone bring to a tournament 30+ years ago, when things were not nearly as full as they are today, might need another Plano 3701...
Apparently he was using the GWAR Wacco storage system.