The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi all,

I just noticed that I joined this forum on July 26, 2003 !
That is exactly twenty years ago !
Gamesquad wasn't called gamesquad at that time – I cannot recall the name...

I don't know what to say, except that this place has really been for me a unique resource.
I interacted with so many passionate players !
Being in a place where there are not many ASL players, this forum has helped me bee in contact with the community.

Thanks to all of you for all the rich moments of dialogue and for the insights about what is my lifetime game !
I also believe that writing so many posts (past 19'000 – should I be ashamed!) helped me to improve somehow my English...

And, btw, I am quite sorry for some conflictual interactions that I have had with some of you.
Of course, I take my share of the blame – don't hesitate to PM me if you think that some lingering conflict requires to be resolved.

I also hope that I have served the hobby in a positive way here.
I am not as good as Klas or other rules gurus, but I do try to answer rules questions at the best of my competence.

Cheers to all and long live the cause of ASL !

Robin

PS : I have recorded past one hundred videos of solo playthroughs in French and I am tempted to try to do some in English.
What do you think of that idea?
Here is an example of my most recent playthrough (SM1 Lost Opportunities), as an example : SM1 Lost Opportunities solo playthrough in French

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Yes I am amazed at how long I have been here too. The internet has provided great company and information since I started using it. I have been hugely housebound for many years and its been my main outlet from monotony and boredom.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Robin: If I am not mistaken, wasn't your alias: Reepicheep?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Robin: If I am not mistaken, wasn't your alias: Reepicheep?
No, that was Andrew Nugteren (hope I didn't misspell his name).
We were moderators in the past years.
It happens we both are pastors - he is in New Zealand now.
I don't recall if I srarted with a pseudo - if it were the case, it could have been Robgob...

Last edited:

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
great, I joined this forum just about one month later, on 31th August 2003.
since then many things have changed, mainly my English has improved a bit :) . Thanks to the forum.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
who remembers my first avatar? the one I used before the Partisan Captain

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all,

I just noticed that I joined this forum on July 26, 2003 !
That is exactly twenty years ago !
Gamesquad wasn't called gamesquad at that time – I cannot recall the name...

I don't know what to say, except that this place has really been for me a unique resource.
I interacted with so many passionate players !
Being in a place where there are not many ASL players, this forum has helped me bee in contact with the community.

Thanks to all of you for all the rich moments of dialogue and for the insights about what is my lifetime game !
I also believe that writing so many posts (past 19'000 – should I be ashamed!) helped me to improve somehow my English...

And, btw, I am quite sorry for some conflictual interactions that I have had with some of you.
Of course, I take my share of the blame – don't hesitate to PM me if you think that some lingering conflict requires to be resolved.

I also hope that I have served the hobby in a positive way here.
I am not as good as Klas or other rules gurus, but I do try to answer rules questions at the best of my competence.

Cheers to all and long live the cause of ASL !

Robin

PS : I have recorded past one hundred videos of solo playthroughs in French and I am tempted to try to do some in English.
What do you think of that idea?
Here is an example of my most recent playthrough (SM1 Lost Opportunities), as an example : SM1 Lost Opportunities solo playthrough in French
Would be very happy for you to do some videos in English!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Would be very happy for you to do some videos in English!
Thanks for your answer.
I don't know if I will be able to squeeze some before I am on holidays.
If I can't, I will quite certainly do them in september...

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
A) it's been only 20 years? it seems like forever with yer incessant babbling in incoherent English! 2) yer Eurotrashsitonthefencei'mnotgonnatakesidesSwisslookdownyernoseatusMericanssavedyerpunkassfromtheNazismakesmesick! 😠 & C) what business do you, a preacher, have playing a wargame, one that includes the greatest scenario ever designed in the history of scenarios... Mila 18!!!! Shame on you, sir! 😠
PS I would not play it
PPS 🥳🍻👍:p:cool:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A) it's been only 20 years? it seems like forever with yer incessant babbling in incoherent English! 2) yer Eurotrashsitonthefencei'mnotgonnatakesidesSwisslookdownyernoseatusMericanssavedyerpunkassfromtheNazismakesmesick! 😠 & C) what business do you, a preacher, have playing a wargame, one that includes the greatest scenario ever designed in the history of scenarios... Mila 18!!!! Shame on you, sir! 😠
PS I would not play it
PPS 🥳🍻👍:p:cool:
The Swiss Moron salutes the Bayou Retard. 🤜🤛
Keep on being yourself. ;)

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Learning German?
I learned bits & pieces growing up as my dad knew some from learning German at either SMU or Centenary College (in Shreveport). I also learned some from a year at LaTech but didn't retain hardly any. I can read it all day but I don't remember enuf to translate what I'm reading. 🤷‍♂️

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thanks for your answer.
I don't know if I will be able to squeeze some before I am on holidays.
If I can't, I will quite certainly do them in September...
Well, I have a series of online games next week...
I don't want to start a series of video and have to wait a month before resuming : I will start recording in September, then.