RO5

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Germans are given 6 Trenches...yet their set up instructions limit them to "building/rubble location" is this the intent...? Note the Russians receive pre-reg on their 120mm OBA so there is case for needing the trenches.... The Russians know where the German must be in all regards....

The set up also forces German Guns like the 150mm...into rubble ...thus telling the Russians that is where it MUST BE...you can't fire a Mortar from Rubble either, another "issue" it seems. Is that the intent?

Hmmmm....

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The Guns could also set up in a Factory hex - per O5.6, and Mortars could go on the rooftops (or into roofless Factory hexes).

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why can’t a mortar set up in rubble if it is able to be dm?
It could but it can't fire.

The point of my Q is that that set up seems jammed given the 6 trenches and a OBA pre-reg that could come on D Fire 1.

In any case I get the answer from Klas is "yes only buildings/rubble" as it says...but I think there is an error and it should have said buildings/rubble/trench....and in any case this still seems jammed given the size and depth and nature of the scenario...you are telling me every German unit and weapon on this date was in a rubble and building....really?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not seeing that. Can you provide a rules reference? This is the best position I can find on the matter: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/b24-rubble-and-mortar-fire.74086/

JR
Perhaps an SSR? I doubt if the Russians would have a 160mm Mtr or the Germans a Karl or something. It's such a standard tactic, especially for RB, never heard of a rule that said one couldn't fire from rubble as long as it can set up in rubble. I'm with you here but don't have RO yet to review the CG SSRs.:unsure:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
In any case I get the answer from Klas is "yes only buildings/rubble" as it says...but I think there is an error and it should have said buildings/rubble/trench....
I checked the submitted version and it says the same on that one, so at least nothing got lost in translation. Time to send MMP a question perhaps?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps an SSR? I doubt if the Russians would have a 160mm Mtr or the Germans a Karl or something. It's such a standard tactic, especially for RB, never heard of a rule that said one couldn't fire from rubble as long as it can set up in rubble. I'm with you here but don't have RO yet to review the CG SSRs.:unsure:
No this was just my bad.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I checked the submitted version and it says the same on that one, so at least nothing got lost in translation. Time to send MMP a question perhaps?
I do not see them changing it do you? Esp. given what you note about submission materials.

But I find it very very odd that the Russians set up east of a line "normally,", while the Germans west of a line do so only in rubble/buildings (and when they get 6 tenches). This just seemed out of place in such a large scale scenario like this.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I do not see them changing it do you? Esp. given what you note about submission materials.
It could be a case of where the six trenches were added to the scenario during playtest, but the set up instructions were not - would not be the first time such things slip through.

Also, technically, the trenches would also need to be set up in building/rubble with the current wording - which they can't of course. So that at least could warrant a clarification.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It could be a case of where the six trenches were added to the scenario during playtest, but the set up instructions were not - would not be the first time such things slip through.

Also, technically, the trenches would also need to be set up in building/rubble with the current wording - which they can't of course. So that at least could warrant a clarification.
Fair point.