Questions on Afrika Corps Scenario Packs

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ha ha too funny and scary that we think alike George.

Glad to see you have all the components, there is alot there.

Scott

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay this is strange.....we have the same overlays but not on the same pages.......I have the second run, I wonder if CH! redrafted some of the the overlays. I know my counters are perfectly centered.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Well here is what I got 18 sheets

#01 - Sd7, S3, D1
#02 - V6
#03 - Tr1 (x4)
#04 - MF8 (x3), MF3, AT3
#05 - Sd17, H8
#06 - D42
#07 - H21, T1, O1
#08 - C1, S10, Sd10
#09 - W14, P5, R3, G5
#10 - RR10, H35
#11 - Tr1, V17, W13
#12 - Sd11, S4, T5, S5, S6
#13 - H24
#14 - F11, T2, D4, D9, Sd9, Compass
#15 - H8, Sd17
#16 - RR10 (x2), R5, H3, T4
#17 - HM1
#18 - AT6 (x2), V3

Looks like I got a double in there (I also got 3 sets of pages 3-6).

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I ran mine through Excel and sorted em like so, besides the duplicate sheet I got is this about what you all have?

AT 3
AT 6
AT 6
C 1
Compass
D 1
D 4
D 42
D 9
F 11
G 5
H 21
H 24
H 3
H 35
H 8
H 8
HM 1
MF 3
MF 8
MF 8
MF 8
O 1
P 5
R 3
R 5
RR 10
RR 10
RR 10
S 10
S 3
S 4
S 5
S 6
Sd 10
Sd 11
Sd 17
Sd 17
Sd 7
Sd 9
T 1
T 2
T 4
T 5
Tr 1
Tr 1
Tr 1
Tr 1
Tr 1
V 17
V 3
V 6
W 13
W 14

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well now, sence you guys have accounted for all your overlays, go out there and play a couple of AK scenarios.

Scott

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only problem is you still need to trim all of those overlays. I'm not sure how the printing process has changed since the ATS version came out, but in that version the overlays were already trimmed.

Mike Murphy

Cat's servant
Reaction score
The only problem is you still need to trim all of those overlays. I'm not sure how the printing process has changed since the ATS version came out, but in that version the overlays were already trimmed.
I don't understand this statement. I picked up ATS when it first came out and I had to cut out all of the overlays. The saving grace here is that these overlays are all square or rectangular. I simply went to the nearest paper cutter and went at it cutting them out.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't understand this statement. I picked up ATS when it first came out and I had to cut out all of the overlays. The saving grace here is that these overlays are all square or rectangular. I simply went to the nearest paper cutter and went at it cutting them out.
Really? When I got my copy of TOBRUK (ATS), all of the overlays were already trimmed. I'm pretty sure it was a mint copy right out of the box that we were selling at Origins (back in 2002?). I suppose the vendors might have trimmed them for us. Either way, it is no problem. I was just curious.

Mike Murphy

Cat's servant
Reaction score
Really? When I got my copy of TOBRUK (ATS), all of the overlays were already trimmed. I'm pretty sure it was a mint copy right out of the box that we were selling at Origins (back in 2002?). I suppose the vendors might have trimmed them for us. Either way, it is no problem. I was just curious.
I obtained most of my Tobruk ATS set from Old Guard Hobbies (on Ford Road in Garden City - now closed) and as noted, I had to cut out and separate my overlays. This was back in 2003 or 2004.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A few more overlay errata for a few scenarios was discovered, and corrections are being made. Corrected cards and pdfs should be available for download soon from the CH website. Corrections are listed on the CH message board for now. I hope to cross-post them soon here.

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
AK9 : SSR3 clarification needed.

STEP3:
1) Italian set up: does the italian player set up his unit adjacent and or =<3hexes from the LAST british AFV set up or is it free to set up adjacent or =<3hexes from ANY AFV.
2)What happens if during STEP3 the british set up an MMC and no AFV, does the italian player skip his STEP?

Thanks

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is the latest batch of clarifications/errata for scenario packs 1-6:

Q: AK 25 Jefna Outflanked uses two R3 overlay. So Ray will need to correct that.

Q: AK 13 Agedeba Sunset In the Italian set up, does Ray mean no more then ONE AFV per hex?

DL: Yes to both questions. There is only one R3 overlay available, so one overlay will need to be deleted. Remove the R3 overlay that sets up on D10-D9.

Q: AK 38 Short of the Goal: Direction Arrow is wrong! It should face up not towards the Tobruk letters.IE the west edge is the top of the map where the american enter and the French set up on /east of hexrow G. The way the Arrow is facing makes that impossible. So it had to be rotated one click counter clockwise.

DL: Yes, the direction of North should be corrected facing the top of the scenario card.

Q: AK 49 code word laxative, what are the actual boundaries? In the VC's it says within three hexes of GG 5, well GG aint in play.

DL: The scenario card is partially correct. The exit area is within three hexes of GG25. One overlay is incorrect. The overlay that says Tr1 (on top) on T18-U18, should actually say: "Tr1 (on top) oP16-Q17." Also, the Map Layout is incorrect. It should say "only hexes numbered < 25 in hexrows A-GG are playable."

BLUNTED BLADE AK #32 Setup clarifications:

Q: I'm pretty sure the village overlay V17 should be set up on P22-O22 NOT P22-Q22 as printed. The former aligns the village road net with both track overlays; the latter places the village all over other overlays in a way that makes no sense.

DL: Yes. Overlay V17 should set up on P22-O22.

Q: I also think there is an error in the Axis set-up directions. They should probably set up in hexes LESS THAN or equal to 23, which places them nicely in the village...

DL: Yes. Set Italian units up in hexes less than or equal to 23, on/between hexrows I-S.

Q: Finally, shouldn't the hillocks be hills? This was a hilly part of Tunisia, and the hilly overlays lose a great deal of their dominance unless they are hills. As hillocks, there is not much sense setting up on them because a unit on them can't see over the village buildings and this limits the set up to merely crowding into the village.

DL: Possibly. I'll have to wait and see what Ray has to say about that.

'Deaf Forever To The Battle's Din' Corrections:

DL: There was some overlay confusion. Two overlays were missing and one had the wrong hex coordinates.

Overlay D9 should be placed on V17-W17.

Before placing the V6 overlay, add the following two overlays, Tr1 on T19-S20; and T5 on S20-T19.

AK9 : SSR3 clarification needed:

Q: Italian set up: does the Italian player set up his unit adjacent and or =<3hexes from the LAST british AFV set up or is it free to set up adjacent or =<3hexes from ANY AFV.

DL: The LAST AFV that was just placed on the map.

Q: What happens if during STEP3 the british set up an MMC and no AFV, does the Italian player skip his STEP?

DL: No. He places it => 3 hexes from that last placed unit.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello Dave,

Any known errata for packs 7 – 12?

Thanks, Hugh
None yet.

The closest we've gotten is possibly changing the order for entry from off-map in AK 92 - First Clash. We MIGHT change it to the British move first.

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AK 19 SSR 4 appears to need clarification it says American player makes a "dr+1 (FRU)" to determine the number of vehicles that enter each turn. Is it just dr +1 or dr/2 (FRU)?

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AK 19 SSR 4 appears to need clarification it says American player makes a "dr+1 (FRU)" to determine the number of vehicles that enter each turn. Is it just dr +1 or dr/2 (FRU)?
bump...anyone...anyone? Bueller?

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the event anyone cares about the errata on this one:

My question to Ray T:

On my scenario card it says dr + 1 (FRU). Is this supposed to be dr + 1 and FRU is extraneous or is this supposed to be dr/2 FRU?

Ray T's answer:

You should ignore the extraneous reference as you surmised.

And always roll low :0

Regards,

Ray T

George Sarris

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi,

Just wondering what is the list of overlays that come with ASLComp AK#7 Battle of Gazala.

I know I have one missing, just wondering if I have more. Here's a list of what I have,

V3, V9, Cr1,SH3 (x3), SH6, SH8, HM2, AT6 (x2), MF6, ESCP2

I know I'm missing the long Escarpment overlay.

Cheers