Questions about our CM Conduct

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[hirr]Leto;1129397 said:
Perhaps they need some Moroccan spicy lube over there... I have some in my trench coat right now if they are interested. Tell them to meet me in the shadowy back alley behind the bar.

Cheers!

Leto
Hey--isn't that one of those places where Greg Gutfeld "hangs out"?

Come to think of it, no one has ever reported seeing Leto and Gutfeld together....

sfhand

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[hirr]Leto;1129397 said:
Perhaps they need some Moroccan spicy lube over there... I have some in my trench coat right now if they are interested. Tell them to meet me in the shadowy back alley behind the bar.

Cheers!

Leto
You can't tell them yourself?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Again, to be fair, I have seen them answer technical questions before. I'm willing to be patient with them, especially since I'm not the arbiter of their schedules.
And to be equally fair, the guy who writes the code - Charles - almost never posts on the forum, and the guy who is on the forum practically 24/7 - Steve - often gets the technical stuff wrong and has to correct himself after double checking his answers with the coding dude.

That's if the answer presents the company in a good light. Bad answers get shrugged off, and now the company line is that you are supposed to submit a bug report through the website rather than ask questions in the tech forum. The tech forum - and this is from Moon himself - is not reviewed by battlefront staff and is a sounding board only for fans to talk to each other.

Rocket-Man

Space is only 100Km up
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Again, to be fair, I have seen them answer technical questions before. I'm willing to be patient with them, especially since I'm not the arbiter of their schedules.
I have seen some technical questions answered by Battlefront as well. But weather or not a question gets answered seems pretty random, which is why I wished you good luck.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, the randomness of answering questions is pretty apparent. I have always thought if the answer pointed out something defective, they tended to ignore it. Not 100% accurate, but close. Then there was the four months of silence when Steve let the beta crew have at the forum without a single post from BFC. People were screaming for answers and were met with silence.

sfhand

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have no idea why certain questions are answered and others aren't. All I can say is that I know the frustration of not having gameplay related questions answered. My only recourse, as one who wants an answer, is to keep asking the question until I get one.

As for technical help with bugs, well, the testers ask for saved game files and when I think I have one I send it in - I have been wrong about this too, and was treated very politely by the guy whose time I wasted.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Frustration comes from repeatedly asking for answers on stuff not documented or plain wrong in the documentation. What was more frustrating was at the same time Steve was dropping 1000 word essays on the board arguing about Stryker deployment. You'll find the ignore pattern tends to be things that Steve knew should have been working but weren't. For the first six months of CMSF's release, I was asking over and over again why the TacAI wasn't just plain working or how it was supposed to work. I was largely ignored except periodically a beta tester would come in and chastise me for not getting it. Guess what, a year later a patch largely fixed it. Just a simple, "we're working on it, give us a month", would have sufficed. Rinse, repeat dozens of times. Now the pattern is Steve arguing with someone for 50 posts and then finally conceding secretly that it will change.