Question on FT170: The Road to Juniville

_Fury_

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All,

The Turn 1 French reinforcement group A "enter as Passengers with Guns in Tow". Is this language specifically meant to prevent the 25LL guns from entering en portee?

Thanks!

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All,

The Turn 1 French reinforcement group A "enter as Passengers with Guns in Tow". Is this language specifically meant to prevent the 25LL guns from entering en portee?

Thanks!
I believe the "en Portee" term was invented during the Desert fighting. The French were really "Olde School" when it came to tactics at the beginning of WWII. They still believed the Germans would attack the Maginot Line.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I believe the "en Portee" term was invented during the Desert fighting. The French were really "Olde School" when it came to tactics at the beginning of WWII. They still believed the Germans would attack the Maginot Line.
French Ordnance note P says that only the French 47L AT and 75 ART may not be carried en portée prior to 1941. All the other Portee-eligible Guns, which includes the 25LL AT Gun, may be carried en portée at any time.

As I calculate the capacity of the French vehicles, at most one of the two 25LL AT Guns could be carried en portée.

That said, I read the SSR as requiring them to enter in tow, i.e. not en portée. I think one could switch them in game, but could not enter that way.

JR

Last edited:

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Hi,

I am the designer of this scenario.
The 25 LL must enter towed in 'The road to Juniville'.

Please add the result to ROAR if you played the scenario !

Regards
Lionel

_Fury_

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lionel,

Thank you for the quick response. I am playing by email now and will enter the result in roar when done. Design is clever and we are enjoying in the early going.