Prisoner & Nationality

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With a 6+1 Keanu Reeves leader who battle hardens into a 9-2. Unfortunately, The Al Pacino leader is a 10-3.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I spend my working life trying to stop people writing in 100 pages what can reasonably be said and interpreted in under 10. Adding more when the intent is clear is not productive time.
True but neither is sitting over the gaming table trying to correctly interpret the VC. A few extra words clarifying what is meant, in this case Unbroken German MMC, is not the same as ninety extra pages.😉

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I spend my working life trying to stop people writing in 100 pages what can reasonably be said and interpreted in under 10. Adding more when the intent is clear is not productive time.
Then you must love this saying by the German poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe:

„Ich schreibe dir einen langen Brief, weil ich keine Zeit habe, einen kurzen zu schreiben. “

This translates:

"I am writing a long letter to you, because I do not have time to write a short one."

von Marwitz

aloha_brian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
VC last sentence "Prisoners are NA in determining VC."
What section do you find this quote? It isn't in my eASLRB (current version) via a search function, nor can I find it in the the last sentence of any paragraph of Section A20 Prisoners, or A26 Victory Conditions.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
IMO, yes. Since in this situation the Unarmed unit is under "control" of the German player....
Klas I am not sure about this. While looking for the quote Stewart referenced I read A 20.55 where it states escaped Prisoners do not count towards VC. I believe the intent is that this applies to CVP. Could it be applied to the VC in situations such as the OP brings up?

Btw the rules say reverts to the ownership, not control. Lol just being a nitpicking jick, no offense meant!😉😉

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
What section do you find this quote? It isn't in my eASLRB (current version) via a search function, nor can I find it in the the last sentence of any paragraph of Section A20 Prisoners, or A26 Victory Conditions.
I looked briefly and couldn't find it either. 🤔

Doesn't mean it's not there but a little bit more information would be appreciated.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Klas I am not sure about this. While looking for the quote Stewart referenced I read A 20.55 where it states escaped Prisoners do not count towards VC.
I don't think that was a quote from the rules...my guess it's something he thinks could have been in the VC text.

I believe the intent is that this applies to CVP. Could it be applied to the VC in situations such as the OP brings up?
CVP, yes.

But I really can't see that the design intent of the rules/scenarios is that a German Prisoner MMC counts vs a VC that deals with "German MMC". For me is too far fetch to think so...

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I don't think that was a quote from the rules...my guess it's something he thinks could have been in the VC text.

CVP, yes.

But I really can't see that the design intent of the rules/scenarios is that a German Prisoner MMC counts vs a VC that deals with "German MMC". For me is too far fetch to think so...
I tend to agree with the second point and as far as the first I try not to get into what people may be thinking.

In a previous post it was mentioned that the Prisoner rules were not written as clearly as could be hoped for. The more I read through them the more I believe that this is a valid criticism.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
In a previous post it was mentioned that the Prisoner rules were not written as clearly as could be hoped for. The more I read through them the more I believe that this is a valid criticism.
Yes, there are some sections in the rulebook that could have been clearer...

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The more I read through them the more I believe that this is a valid criticism.
IMO, the only way to properly understand the A20 Prisoners section is to read and comprehend all the related Q&A as well. Perry has said a couple of times that the Prisoner rules are the bane of his existence (OK, perhaps not quite that melodramatic). -- jim

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Perry has said a couple of times that the Prisoner rules are the bane of his existence (OK, perhaps not quite that melodramatic). -- jim
For sure the wording of the Prisoner rules is not captivating but is producing an unending chain of questions which Perry is bound to answer while we sit locked to our screens awaiting these judgements... ;)

von Marwitz