Office Fest

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave Lamb said:
Exactly. He is two or three offices down from the other (western) end of the same building right along Mich. Ave.
Dave, just stand out front in an orange jumpsuit...preferably one with a bull's-eye painted on it.:cheeky:

dwardzala

Va Tech Hokie
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave Lamb said:
PJ Norton has announced that he is resuming ASL Officefest in Wayne, MI for Friday, May 12, and Saturday, May 13. Gaming starts as early as anyone wishes to show up on Friday and goes until the wee hours of Saturday night (or Sunday morning in some cases).

A map and directions are posted earlier in this thread. http://my.voyager.net/~vander/asl_officefest.htm

The only change is that it has moved 6 units down from the old location, and the new address is: 38546 Michigan Ave.

PJ can be contacted at: pjnort3@hotmail.com or by phone at: (734) 231-3735.

We hope to see all the old usual suspects and hopefully some new faces as well.

Dave

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glennbo said:
Dave, just stand out front in an orange jumpsuit...preferably one with a bull's-eye painted on it.:cheeky:
Sure Glenn. Just tell us what time you'll be there...

(... So we can turn off the lights, and lock the doors :laugh: )

Beseler

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I finally show up in Windsor in September, to be destroyed by the news that the famed Officefest is a thing of the past...

After a long dark winter (ok, actually, I must say, these eastern winters aint that bad if this last one is anything to go by...)

the larks are singing, life is renewed....and Officefest returns!!!

cue 60 person choir belting out 'joy to the world'!

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Beseler said:
After a long dark winter (ok, actually, I must say, these eastern winters aint that bad if this last one is anything to go by...)

the larks are singing, life is renewed....and Officefest returns!!!
Well, I wouldn't count on too many mild Michigan/Ontario winters, or about Officefest being around three times per year. This is being played by ear, as to future scheduling of events. Personally, I'm just happy about this one. :)

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's only thirty days until a new Officefest (well, actually it's 29 - but who's counting)! :)

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave Lamb said:
It's only thirty days until a new Officefest (well, actually it's 29 - but who's counting)! :)
Will you be wearing your "Sgt. Kill" outfit again this year? :eek:

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Berlin: Fall of the 3rd Reich

I spoke to Ray Tapio, and we hope to have several sets of the new CH! Berlin module in hand to sell at Officfest in May. At the very least, I will have sample kits on display for those interested.

People will be able to sit down and play scenarios from this new module.

Dave

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave Lamb said:
People will be able to sit down and play scenarios from this new module.

Dave
Guess that leaves out all the people who want to play standing up. :(

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's cuz your butt is still sore from the beating I gave you last time. :)

Kaph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll have to run it through the committee, but I'll try to make it down there for this. Not sure if you guys can put up with a guy who has never played FtF, but I sure would love to see how it is done. So just to get this straight, it is May 12th and 13th in Wayne MI?

Thanks for any info/help

Ryan

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's funny, but PJ (our host) is sort of up your way right now. He and Glennbo and Brian Laethem left this morning to go camping and shoot their collection of guns while the latter two are in a (probably) drunken stupor! :D

Assuming that there isn't a Dick Cheney-like shooting incident, they'll be back after the weekend. (If not, in addition to cancelling Officefest - CH & ESG will have to replace our core playtesters and designers. :( )

Yes, Officefest is next weekend in Wayne, MI. Directions and PJ's cell phone # are posted earlier in this folder. Please do come, as we especially welcome new faces! Don't worry about experience, as we have all levels of experienced and inexperienced players. We also usually have guys that are willing to play the ASLSK too.

We have had guys who come just to watch the games, and watch war movies as well. There are plenty of nearby hotels, but if you're on a budget, you're welcome to bring a sleeping bag to crash on PJ's carpeted front office floor.

Dave

cVan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Map link gone...

I see that the website for the map to Officefest has finally been deleted by my old ISP.

Looking forward to getting a couple of games in this coming weekend and seeing everyone again. I finished the 3D version of the super sized Sugar Loaf map I made and will bring that along for suggestions and critique.

In addition to my ASL kit, I'm planning on bringing all 3 of my cell phones, and have been vigorously preparing my life's story of trials and tribulations, on the off chance I get to play Glennbo! :)

Glenn...any chance you could whip up a USO dance/bar room brawl scenario (pitting a US paratrooper platoon vs. a Marine Rifle platoon), so that we could try and settle the debate going on now about representational numbers on little cardboard pieces.

See you guys soon!
Chad

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Imagine my surprise to see this thread back up top. Good to see PJ has this going again. I should be there at least for Friday.

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave Lamb said:
It's funny, but PJ (our host) is sort of up your way right now. He and Glennbo and Brian Laethem left this morning to go camping and shoot their collection of guns while the latter two are in a (probably) drunken stupor! :D

Assuming that there isn't a Dick Cheney-like shooting incident, they'll be back after the weekend. (If not, in addition to cancelling Officefest - CH & ESG will have to replace our core playtesters and designers. :( )
We're back and in one piece. :) You probably shouldn't mention what we were doing as it may scare away the weak of heart. By the way, will we be able to shoot off our guns in the tournament room when we roll snake-eyes like in previous years? :confused:

Michael K

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave Lamb said:
Just three more days and counting... :)
... whow - great to see PJ's Office Fest well and alive!!

Miss those days in Michigan. As some of you know, I am living in Florida now, and although I love it down here, I am pining for some good ASL action. No crunchy opponents here - not even a little. I am left to playing VASL, which at least keeps me in practice.

Any of you guys playing VASL at all?

Dave - pass the question around - would ya?!

Greetings to all my Michigan gaming buddies from down under where the coconuts grow. :)