Looking for Russell Martin

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys and sorry for taking up some of your time but a customer of mine, Russell Martin, just bought the WORKs but provided me with no e-mail address to send them to. If anyone knows him, please have him e-mail me directly at: aslbunker@aol.com
I sure do appreciate it and thanks again. Look for Dispatch #57 later next month, Vic.

Doc Martin

Reaction score
Hi guys and sorry for taking up some of your time but a customer of mine, Russell Martin, just bought the WORKs but provided me with no e-mail address to send them to. If anyone knows him, please have him e-mail me directly at: aslbunker@aol.com
I sure do appreciate it and thanks again. Look for Dispatch #57 later next month, Vic.
Vic, I sent an email to you yesterday at aslbunker@aol.com.

Current email is emily@martin-e.net

Sorry for the confusion.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi Russell, never saw the e-mail (probably in SPAM as I checked my regular mail) but glad I checked back here, now I can get you into the data base and get issues heading your way. Thanks again for your reply and sorry I did not see the e-mail sooner. Look for the 50s today and all of them by a week from today. You will be good through #59 and look for new Dispatch #57 late next month.

Thanks again and roll low, Vic. 🎲🎲

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Well, hopefully you guys are decent and competitive this year, my Boston Red Sox will be lucky to escape last place. Our principal owner, John Henry, after winning 4 Championships from 2004 - 2018, has decided to be frugal and leave this one of many of his owned teams in various sports to mediocrity. He needs to sell them, ASAP, to a New Englander with deep pockets who cares. He no longer does.

Mandatory ASL: Look for a new Dispatches from the Bunker in about a month, finishing the playtest on #57 soon, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
You guys have the right owners, we used to...

Mandatory ASL - Playtesting a late war, eastern front scenario with late war SS and heavy armor vs elite Russians with heavy armor of their own, so far both IS2 tanks are burning as is a Panther and a Hetzer for the German, the IS2s had 2 shots at the Tiger 2 to kill it, one missed on what should have been an easy TH of 9, (even after moving those beasts are easy to hit) and then hit the front hull with the other. The Tiger 2 took out one and a Panther took out the other with a CH. Nasty company of infantry on each side with the German trying to kill tanks, take buildings and exit if they can. Great looking scenario will be out in a month or so.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
You guys have the right owners, we used to...

Mandatory ASL - Playtesting a late war, eastern front scenario with late war SS and heavy armor vs elite Russians with heavy armor of their own, so far both IS2 tanks are burning as is a Panther and a Hetzer for the German, the IS2s had 2 shots at the Tiger 2 to kill it, one missed on what should have been an easy TH of 9, (even after moving those beasts are easy to hit) and then hit the front hull with the other. The Tiger 2 took out one and a Panther took out the other with a CH. Nasty company of infantry on each side with the German trying to kill tanks, take buildings and exit if they can. Great looking scenario will be out in a month or so.
Sounds like fun. Not a tin can scenario by any means!

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States

I got excited when I read “Russell Martin”. As a Pirates’ fan we cling to whatever we can. This was 11 years ago…
Jim, THAT was the best! The Cueto... Cueto... Cueto... Was deafening. I was like, we're gonna be in the playoffs for several years to come... Ugh.... That didn't work out so well...

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Well, hopefully you guys are decent and competitive this year, my Boston Red Sox will be lucky to escape last place. Our principal owner, John Henry, after winning 4 Championships from 2004 - 2018, has decided to be frugal and leave this one of many of his owned teams in various sports to mediocrity. He needs to sell them, ASAP, to a New Englander with deep pockets who cares. He no longer does.

Mandatory ASL: Look for a new Dispatches from the Bunker in about a month, finishing the playtest on #57 soon, Vic.
That's our problem, too. Hillbilly owner from WV doesn't want to spend any of his newspaper billions to field a competitive team. BUT we have awesome "promotions" like free fireworks and bring your dog to the park (WTF?!)

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Frugal? No, no. C-H-E-A-P!!! That " You know, it costs a lot of money to get good ball players" quote from last year almost got his head put on a spear. I'm amazed he escaped the winter meeting with Sox Season Ticket holders alive after that comment.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Yeah Carl, Henry needs to sell the team, too bad Tom Werner does not have enough $ to buy, he still wants to win. Henry is spread too thin in his many business/sports interests, we need a Boston Red Sox owner who has deep pockets, a total focus on the Sox and wants to win right now! Going to be a long season, I'll be looking to watch the Dodgers more than the Sox at this point.

Mandatory ASL: Looking forward to seeing you at the Nor'easter, not sure if Steve Johns will be able to make it as he cancelled our ftf playing of Groves of Damour today, hoping to play him this weekend if he's up for it but he's cancelled twice on me since he got sick again 2+ weeks ago. I hope he will feel better soon and go to the tourney with me...

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Frugal? No, no. C-H-E-A-P!!! That " You know, it costs a lot of money to get good ball players" quote from last year almost got his head put on a spear. I'm amazed he escaped the winter meeting with Sox Season Ticket holders alive after that comment.
MLB needs a salary cap like the NHL.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah Carl, Henry needs to sell the team, too bad Tom Werner does not have enough $ to buy, he still wants to win. Henry is spread too thin in his many business/sports interests, we need a Boston Red Sox owner who has deep pockets, a total focus on the Sox and wants to win right now! Going to be a long season, I'll be looking to watch the Dodgers more than the Sox at this point.

Mandatory ASL: Looking forward to seeing you at the Nor'easter, not sure if Steve Johns will be able to make it as he cancelled our ftf playing of Groves of Damour today, hoping to play him this weekend if he's up for it but he's cancelled twice on me since he got sick again 2+ weeks ago. I hope he will feel better soon and go to the tourney with me...
I'll definitely check on him in the next couple of days.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MLB needs a salary cap like the NHL.
The dude shelled out loads of dough in the MLB and got 4 World Series Championships for his troubles. This cheap thing has been the last few years. Yes, a hard cap would be nice, but Henry is content to charge the highest ticket prices in MLB and provide very little bang for the buck. My sympathy cup for him runneth dry.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Yep, but it'll never happen. Face it, 1979 was the last hurrah for the Pirates. I've resigned myself to being long dead if they ever get competitive again.
You’re probably right. Big market teams with deep pockets (Yankees, Dodgers, and the f’ing Braves: we’re looking at you) will never let it happen. I’m sure TV revenue agreements also have an outsize influence in all this. BUT, Mark Cuban sold the Mavs so we can hope he “comes back home” and buys the Buccos! Ha!