Into the Rubble 4: Clash at Ponyri

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just curious as I will be playing this scenario on the weekend at the Russians

What is the point of the victory conditions specifying that M7 is one of the victory buildings. It already is in German hands at game start. I doubt as if the Russian would have any assets available to counterattack to capture that building back

Any ideas - or was this a typo or holdover from a play test where the setup area was different

View attachment 30019

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Regardless of whether or not the soviets can actaully mount a counter-attack, it would force the German to maintain some sort of presence....

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Just curious as I will be playing this scenario on the weekend at the Russians

What is the point of the victory conditions specifying that M7 is one of the victory buildings. It already is in German hands at game start. I doubt as if the Russian would have any assets available to counterattack to capture that building back

Any ideas - or was this a typo or holdover from a play test where the setup area was different

View attachment 30019
Strange you say that
I've mounted one counterattack with a sneaky halfsquad who was bypassed to try retake that....failed by one pip on a die on a morale check....
And I've just managed to infiltrate out of a CC meaning I can try the same trick again to attempt to apply more pressure
Enjoying this one to be honest

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
For a moment I thought BFP had already announced the followup to Blood And Jungle BFP4
:crosseye::yummy::upset:

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Regardless of whether or not the soviets can actaully mount a counter-attack, it would force the German to maintain some sort of presence....
Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding! I asked Chas about that very same thing the first time I played it...and THAT is exactly what Chas said was the reason for that building needing to be controlled to win...force the Germz to leave behind a force strong enough to hold, yet not too strong to depleat his main attack force. I would present you with a kewpee doll...but those have not been made in like 60+ years. Sorry, I know you're disappointed. :)

Blind Sniper

Diversamente magro...
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Yes, but nothing to worry about although...if the German are fighting for this building maybe the game is lost anyway...

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fred,

I may have missed it, but how did the scenario go?

Thanks,
Chas

Arlecchino

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hi mate i've a question about this scenario that i'm going to play this Thursday. I've read the ItR Errata but when the scenario say : All buildings are wooden and single story what that excatly mean?
Also the Factory are wooden and single story?
The factory disappear and become simple building? Or remain but still stone?
Probably with a deep rules reading i can undestand by myself but it's not so easy as i've not many experience with factory...

If i unedstand well in general in ItR all buildings with interior wall and with road,RR entreance are considered Factory but this only if SSR call for ITR HSR rules... correct? Many thanks for your answer. Actually i've played two scenario from ItR and both are really good. (ItR7 and ItR8)

Arlecchino

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Nevermind the question we use buildings like factory. ;-)
Just to say that that's one of the best scenario that i've player in my list of 100+ that i'ved done in this two year of ASL. Gratz Chas and BFP guys. ;-)

P.s.: As one of the playetestr of Slaughter at Poniry i can say that this scenario is really close at the CG as spirit and feeling!

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds like you guys played it correctly. Great to hear that you enjoyed the action.

Chas

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Indeed we had.
Great scenario. I agree with Arlecchino, till now I have voted 200+ scenario on ROAR: Clash at Ponyri was one of the 3 to get a 9 (one of the other two was Steel Inferno).