HE vs Tank

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As I understand, a direct hit with VTT using HE must use the HE TK #, thus a 75 using HE has no chance vs. for example a Tiger at a kill of 7. But, lobbing a few rounds into the general vicinity using the Area Target type results in an 6fp IFT roll and thus a small chance of a kill. (2 or 3 yields Immob or Shock in the case of the MkVI.)
This seems crazy, but I can find no alternative in the rules.
Am I playing this right?
Assuming so, why is ATT more likely to affect the vehicle than VTT in these cases?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
There is a +1 DRM for all AF greater then 4.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As I understand, a direct hit with VTT using HE must use the HE TK #, thus a 75 using HE has no chance vs. for example a Tiger at a kill of 7. But, lobbing a few rounds into the general vicinity using the Area Target type results in an 6fp IFT roll and thus a small chance of a kill. (2 or 3 yields Immob or Shock in the case of the MkVI.)
This seems crazy, but I can find no alternative in the rules.
Am I playing this right?
Assuming so, why is ATT more likely to affect the vehicle than VTT in these cases?
Yep, you’re playing it right.
High Explosive looks for weak engine grills, idler wheels, tracks, vision ports, ect... that seems to be the reason

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Greater or equal to 8 (rather than 4, thanks for correcting, Klas) - which applies to the Tiger.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WP can be just as effective against CE AFVs, I think.