Forgotten War in ASL tournaments?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
PTO is inherent part of ASL from the beginning and very few players do not play PTO or do not own the Pacific Theatre Module(s).

About Hakka Paale is very different. For example my copy is still unpunched and I never played one scenario althought I started to playtest it ten years ago.

however I'm just asking opinions about the opportunity to include FW scenarios in tournament, not questioning about the quality/utility of the product. Thanks for the answer
I am inclined to include Forgotten War scenarios in the next Asia Pac tourney. My point is that when you state that FW requires new rules and new counters etc it is no different from PTO or HP or DTO and therefore not a reason to isolate the module or the theater for special consideration.

Fact is - we have a young and growing population of gamers here and everything beyond BV is “new”.

Last edited:

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is ASL. There was a chapter dedicated to it in the original ASLRB v1. I can't recall the designation, I threw my v1 out, but I think it was "N". Thus Hill envisioned Korea as ASL.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
yes, I confirm it is safe to say PTO it's part from ASL from the beginning since it come out 5 years after Beyond Valor in 1990, and if you consider that ASL has 33 year of life while PTO exists from 28 years, FW is definitely a baby. All the difference of the world.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PTO is inherent part of ASL from the beginning and very few players do not play PTO or do not own the Pacific Theatre Module(s).

About Hakka Paale is very different. For example my copy is still unpunched and I never played one scenario althought I started to playtest it ten years ago.

however I'm just asking opinions about the opportunity to include FW scenarios in tournament, not questioning about the quality/utility of the product. Thanks for the answer
actually, PTO did not exist in ASL until 1990. earlier tourneys had no PTO, and it wasn't widespread in tourneys until 92-93 with Gung Ho.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
FW scenarios in tournaments? Yes, possible but during a transition period, one max. per round so that it could be safely deleted by players.

TDs will look at player returns (and statistics of scenarios actually chosen by players) to decide whether this inclusion could become permanent.

KTO will eventually follow the fate of DTO (seldom used) or PTO (often used). Time will tell.