Dennis boys trip to Manila #2 (Let's try SF CG3)

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Thanks Roger for the feedback. I always wonder if I should spend my time on these. Going to ASLOK gave me some nice feedback from Doug, etc. too. So we will continue.
We did not play this past weekend and maybe not next weekend either (due to the likelihood of being hung over on Sunday after the UM-MSU game late Saturday)
Hi Steve

I really appreciate your work on this. It is always good read.

Alessandro D.

Blind Sniper
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Thanks Roger for the feedback. I always wonder if I should spend my time on these. Going to ASLOK gave me some nice feedback from Doug, etc. too. So we will continue.
We did not play this past weekend and maybe not next weekend either (due to the likelihood of being hung over on Sunday after the UM-MSU game late Saturday)
Another one that think you are doing a good job :)

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great AAR's. Keep 'em up. Makes me wish I had a brother to compete with.

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have reached the end of the 2nd scenario, it went 6 turns. Steve was able to get a small foothold in the Medical Pharmacy School capturing 2 of the mined hexes (3R78 and 3P78) in the building. He attempted to clear both hexes of mines in the re-fit phase and was successful in 3P78. However with the setup restrictions on the Americans (must be 2 hexes from a Japanese FLL) he will still have to start outside of the building.

Casualties were massive to the American; he lost a lot of armor forcing his way into the Pharmacy. CVP now total 110 CVP for the two dates, and the +2 applied for every 50 CVP suffered hurt the Americans this date with his ELR going down to 3 and the Japanese held at 3 (by one pip). The American is down to two M4's (one the FT type), one M8 Greyhound, a lone M3 halftrack and a single MTR halftrack. All of the other armor is dead or permanently recalled including all of the M5's. I was sending wave after wave of THH's at any armor I saw and I was actually down to only one left. Thankfully I get more than usual by SSR.

Japanese losses were moderate on day 2, lost two guns a baby 4fp 20mm AA gun and a 81*MTR. Nothing else worth much was lost. Total 2-day CVP total if I remember right is sitting at 85CVP.

We share rolls for CPP and I rolled a 1, so 22CPP for the American and 20 CPP for the Japanese; so lots of stuff will be coming on the board in scenario 3. Although the American eventually does have to take an idle day since he only has 4 Attack chits for 5 dates.

Hopefully Steve will post the perimeter.

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After the "spirited discussion" in the other thread, we are continuing this CG. We have created an idle day for the third scenario. So moving on to the 4th scenario and what will probably be a TON of squads on the board (especially for the Japanese.) The American recovers his ELR to a 4, Japanese stayed a 3 by one, again. Our shared CPP roll netted the American 15 CPP and the Japanese 14 CPP. Purchases hopefully done this week and setup will begin.

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So after a long hiatus, we have finally begun playing the fourth scenario. After the idle day, we both selected an Attack chit. Unfortunately, the Japanese not only had to setup first, but they also moved first. This is the situation after the American turn 2. He has brought down two OBAs' in the far West including on top of the 120L that was in 2V78. He then rushed the 120L with a half-track loaded down and jumped onto the crew. He kills the crew and destroys the gun, but a counterattacking squad with an 8-0 gets revenge. I bring on several of the armored APC's that the Japanese get so I can get to the front line faster and bring on a newly received 10-2 with a couple of machine guns into 3P72.1 to help over here. He still hasn't seen the 10-2 from two scenarios ago. He is surprised by a 16FP 25LL gun in a trench in 2S77 and another one in a fortified building in 3K77. The 3K77 one begins firing at his 9-2 led killstack in 3F81, breaking all of the crews and the 9-2, but battle-hardening the 9-2 into a 10-2 on the second shot. He has lost a bunch of vehicles already today. He blundered into two THH's. One in 2U79 which he drove over with a Sherman and a second was able to advance onto a Sherman in 2W81. He finally sees a 2nd 120L from the first scenario that is firing halfway across the board at another Sherman in 2V82. The half-track that helped kill the gun also dies when it gets trapped in his own smoke OBA and jumped in CC. He has a ton of troops over here and this seems to be where 90% of the battle will be today. American Smoke and WP from the OBA is the order of the day. My OBA promptly draws two red cards. I have been unable to get an FFE for the OBA I purchased on day 1 (I either draw two reds or 12 the phone everyday).

Further East, he is yet again trying to take the Pharmacy School, he somehow miraculously rubbles 3S77 with a DC, giving him another mine free way into the building. He did make a mistake by moving his FT Sherman into 3R79 in an attempt to flame a squad in the Pharmacy, but I come out for street fighting and kill the beast first. A huge turn in that area, but he has rushed 3 FT's into the building and I have some decisions to make in the next turn.

Not much action near the Hospital, some back and forth in the 3Z and 4A hexrows, but not much happening here.

All the way to the east, more of the same. With his killstacks in 4K66 and 4G69 preventing me from advancing and my killstack in 4L65 stopping any huge advance by him.

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So we got another turn in last weekend and a bad turn for the Japanese. Steve was able to bring his OBA over to 2S76, which while everybody was concealed, it did have one of the armored trucks and a 2-2-8 in open ground in 2S74 and 2S75 allowing him to bring it down without extra draws. I know the rule for open ground units and OBA observers, but didn't really think about the fact that adjacent to these units in 2T74 I had a HIP stack of the previous days 10-2 and a 36FP stack that has stayed hidden most of the day because of the smoke all over the board on this side. The smoke was just clearing and this stack was going to sweep the board away of the nasty Americans, at least that was the plan.

The OBA falls and is inaccurate, but still hits the 36FP stack. It only strips their concealment, but then every single American in shouting distance opens up on the hex. At the end, all but one of the crews is a broken 1-2-7 or dead and the 10-2 also wounds and goes away. The MMG carrying broken crews rout out of the OBA to 2S71, but the loss of the 10-2 is big over here. And now I have to figure out how to recover the 50 cal's upstairs in 2T74.