Deep Stream Q

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question: Can a MMC with a leader declare double time prior to movement and enter a deep stream (and mandatory becoming CX per rules) for 4 MFs; exit for 2 MFs; and continue on for 2 more MFs for a total of 8 MFs?

Stated another way, does declaring CX prior to moving/entering a deep stream give it 8 MFs since the deep stream CX happens after declaring CX? It's sort of a double-CX situation :shock: . Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The rule seems clear :
B20.43 Deep: If a stream is deep, Infantry/Cavalry enter at a cost of four MF and become CX (A4.72 would apply to an advance entry) - regardless of whether the move is through a stream hexside or not, or whether the unit was previously CX or not.
If the DT movement is declared before entry of the stream, and a CX status is there previously to entering the stream, there is no problem about moving into the stream.
However, if the unit entered the stream, thus becoming CX, it could not declare DT (to gain 1 supplemental MF) as a CX unit cannot declare DT :
A4.5 Double Time: Any Infantry (including bicyclists/skiers) capable of movement and neither broken, wounded, nor CX, may Double Time...

DerBlitzer

Reaction score
Country
llTurkey
Bumping this to ask a related question regarding movement into a deep stream. Since being CX does not preclude movement into a deep stream (which causes CX, if you're not already), a CX unit can advance into a deep stream hex, even though it costs 4MF? I know deep stream is listed as an exception to the Advance rule in the RB, but I just wanted to confirm this.

DerBlitzer

Reaction score
Country
llTurkey
Bumping this to ask a related question regarding movement into a deep stream. Since being CX does not preclude movement into a deep stream (which causes CX, if you're not already), a CX unit can advance into a deep stream hex, even though it costs 4MF? I know deep stream is listed as an exception to the Advance rule in the RB, but I just wanted to confirm this.
Could someone more knowledgeable than me confirm my understanding of this rule above? By "advance" I meant during the Advance Phase. Thanks...

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Since being CX does not preclude movement into a deep stream (which causes CX, if you're not already), a CX unit can advance into a deep stream hex, even though it costs 4MF? I know deep stream is listed as an exception to the Advance rule in the RB, but I just wanted to confirm this.
I believe a CX unit could Advance into a Deep Stream.

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Could someone more knowledgeable than me confirm my understanding of this rule above? By "advance" I meant during the Advance Phase. Thanks...
DB,

B20.43 is a bit obtuse in how it phrases it, but yes, it's trying to say that the CX unit may advance into the Deep Stream.

John