Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know ASL counter thickness? TIA
I think that depends on print run to print run depending on the card stock used. Atmospheric conditions (humidity in particular) can shrink or swell counters. Your best bet is to grab some counters (10 - 20) and measure the width of the stack and divide by the number of counters to get an average thickness. If you have counters from across multiple eras, it would be good to sample from all of those in your measurement. -- jim

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am searching for a good thickness so I can get the appropriate material. I am going to print a few copies of the rubble counter sheets from FB and mount them for poops and giggles.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am searching for a good thickness so I can get the appropriate material. I am going to print a few copies of the rubble counter sheets from FB and mount them for poops and giggles.
Just use old errata counters Keith. Easy to take a knife and skin the fronts and backs off. Use a glue stick and voila you have your counters. Or you could laminate the rubble counter sheet, cut out the counters and use a hole punch to cut out the center dot so you can still check LOS. Cirillo turned me on to that when Budapest first came out and it works like a champ. Did that for TofR playtesting. Makes it much easier to visualize and map and helps with counter clutter

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Just use old errata counters Keith. Easy to take a knife and skin the fronts and backs off. Use a glue stick and voila you have your counters. Or you could laminate the rubble counter sheet, cut out the counters and use a hole punch to cut out the center dot so you can still check LOS. Cirillo turned me on to that when Budapest first came out and it works like a champ. Did that for TofR playtesting. Makes it much easier to visualize and map and helps with counter clutter
Seems like some good advice.

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know ASL counter thickness? TIA

avg 1.58mm or for us fractions guys, 0.062 inches I sampled about 20 or so counters various publications.

Here you go. It varies a little bit counter to counter, however not too drastic. The numbers in the pics are about average.

If they're good enough for my ammo reloading, they're good enough to measure counters.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
avg 1.58mm or for us fractions guys, 0.062 inches I sampled about 20 or so counters various publications.

Here you go. It varies a little bit counter to counter, however not too drastic. The numbers in the pics are about average.

If they're good enough for my ammo reloading, they're good enough to measure counters.

View attachment 28123

View attachment 28124
Thanks! That answers a lot. Amazon has chipboard sheets, I now know what size I need to order.