Counter Storage

Rubrik

Reaction score
Country
ll
I have my squads and weapons but now I need to find them a barracks. What is the best trays to buy in the uk? I have seen all counters stored in their module box which I think I'd cool. Also do you label? I mean you can see the counters...

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Raaco. But&Q have a handy box set for about £40. You then need A75 and A78 trays but that should hold a complete ASL set as long as it is only 1 of each module.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I have my squads and weapons but now I need to find them a barracks. What is the best trays to buy in the uk? I have seen all counters stored in their module box which I think I'd cool. Also do you label? I mean you can see the counters...
Derek Ritter of Ritter Krieg fame is looking into a deal to get RAACO into the states, maybe hold off I hear that the price for one handy case with 4 boxes and a selection of A75/78 trays are approx. $130.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The cheapest I can get the same deal over here is £57.84 at the moment

Rubrik

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thank you for your kind replies Gentlemen. I have checked out the link by Jazz - label layout looks like heaven - I assume that the layout is the same as the trays themselves?
I have looked online but seem to be rolling boxes. I'm off to double one with Primemover soon so don want to rock up with a loose box of counters - that won't make me too many friends : )

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Is there a link for this?
B&Q are selling the RAACO handy cases with four boxes for £38 then go online and find CPC electronics they sell the A75/78 trays for around 39p each you need a total of 64 of them for the four boxes . Also if you cannot get the case from B&Q Maplins sell them also for £45 .

Rubrik

Reaction score
Country
ll
B&Q are selling the RAACO handy cases with four boxes for £38 then go online and find CPC electronics they sell the A75/78 trays for around 39p each you need a total of 64 of them for the four boxes . Also if you cannot get the case from B&Q Maplins sell them also for £45 .

Rubrik

Reaction score
Country
ll
Ollie, good steer onto the box but the code you are giving me is not recognised by CPC

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
You have to look under storage trays are half level ones A75' s are 5 space 78's are 8 space will look up the codes for you tomorrow .

Rubrik

Reaction score
Country
ll
You have to look under storage trays are half level ones A75' s are 5 space 78's are 8 space will look up the codes for you tomorrow .
No need Ollie, cheers. I've got the orders. Got one drawer set and 16 trays (8 of each) just to see.
I'll print out the labels jazz sent me then see how it goes. I should be at least looking like a Bona fide player even if I am a total cluster!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Thank you for your kind replies Gentlemen. I have checked out the link by Jazz - label layout looks like heaven - I assume that the layout is the same as the trays themselves?
I have looked online but seem to be rolling boxes. I'm off to double one with Primemover soon so don want to rock up with a loose box of counters - that won't make me too many friends : )
The labels are sized to match RAACO A75 and A78 inserts.

Check out the article I wrote for which you will also find a link in the description of the labels and pictures. And note, that the file for download at Texas ASL Club for the labels is superior as it is in Excel format there (impossible here at GS). The Excel file you can edit or expand to meet your personal needs & preferences while the PDF here is merely a documentation/proof of concept.

Cheers,
von Marwitz

Rubrik

Reaction score
Country
ll
Finally worked out the right ratio of the two different trays. These Raacos are top quality, built to last.

The Russians: no labels yet. (TK numbers for ordnance et al)IMG_0179.JPG

Rubrik

Reaction score
Country
ll
IMG_0180.JPG And you only need 4 of these trays and 12 others to make 16 for each storage tray (if that makes sense)
As you can see ELR, battle hardening and casualty reduction are no problems here

Last edited:

Rubrik

Reaction score
Country
ll
IMG_0181.JPG And the other type of tray (with the KVs all tucked up together - sorry about that!)

Rubrik

Reaction score
Country
ll
So thanks to Ollie for pointing me in the right direction and Von Maritz for the labels

Note the some KVs are sharing the same garage - with those same marks but have AA.

And yes, I will clip them (nail clippers) in due course

Last edited: