Counter opinions

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Serious question: you say "trying other options" but 90% looks the same as a vanilla counter. So I *think* you're asking if the name of the AFV is legible when printed on top of the turret speed graphic? It doesn't seem like it will be when printed at 5/8" as it's not that readable on my 5k screen at a bit over 1" square.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please don't take this in the wrong way as it is not intended to be snarky.

It seems to me that you are trying for perfection on your counters and asking for so many different opinions. What is appealing to me might not be someone else's idea of appealing, they might not like it at all. You're going to have to find what you like and want to see in a counter. Personally, I would try to stay as close to MMP's color scheme and layout as possible and add the final bit of chrome that makes them unique to your company. I think they will sell fine. I'm not even a counter slut and I might pick up an extra set of some nationalities.

JMHO,

Michael

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Please don't take this in the wrong way as it is not intended to be snarky.

It seems to me that you are trying for perfection on your counters and asking for so many different opinions. What is appealing to me might not be someone else's idea of appealing, they might not like it at all. You're going to have to find what you like and want to see in a counter. Personally, I would try to stay as close to MMP's color scheme and layout as possible and add the final bit of chrome that makes them unique to your company. I think they will sell fine. I'm not even a counter slut and I might pick up an extra set of some nationalities.

JMHO,

Michael
You're not being snarky at all.

The opinions I'm seeking are on how to make a potential "Black SS" AFV readable and pleasant to use.

The basic layouts have already been set, so while people can chime in their thoughts on other aspects, those won't change. I currently have over 6,000 image files covering all the ETO/DTO nationalities for AFV, ordnance, infantry, & SW, so it would take some major 'splaining for me to make even minor changes at this point. Black SS would simply be a new "nationality", and I'm only considering it as an afterthought.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Serious question: you say "trying other options" but 90% looks the same as a vanilla counter. So I *think* you're asking if the name of the AFV is legible when printed on top of the turret speed graphic? It doesn't seem like it will be when printed at 5/8" as it's not that readable on my 5k screen at a bit over 1" square.
Seconded.

von Marwitz

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am new to the forum and to ASL so don't know the history on the counters but hope you let us (well me for sure) know when they are made available. I was really impressed by the detail on the vehicles. Even when I blow them up on my monitor, they really pop. Very nice. There has been a lot of chatter about what reads and what does not so I'm sure you will land somewhere that works well.