Counter opinions

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
footfool is afraid of pitmann, so unless he grew a pair, he will not put runes or skulz on his fantasy ware counters, instead he just spams the forums with his make believe counters when he is in need of a pat on the back.

Do a set for the US market with Skulls. Nothing is banned in the good old USA!

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If you had the grey just a tad lighter then the black it would be noticeable while at the same time not conflict with the white lettering. For a black counter, having a slight difference in shade for the turret ring and movement background still works without drawing more attention then that requires. Like Paul said, it's too much white on white right now.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Guilty as charged. I knew better, but...
It's no worries Footsteps, but it really does never cease to amaze me how fast threads get torn up and sink on this forum, one of the reasons why i have not posted as much as I used to.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
It's no worries Footsteps, but it really does never cease to amaze me how fast threads get torn up and sink on this forum, one of the reasons why i have not posted as much as I used to.
Likewise not on here anywhere near as much as I used to be.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe if you guys played more ASL instead of collecting CH dreck or playing other games you might actually have something to contribute. But ya without you guys the forum is really a dead place..........not.

Scott

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Back on topic...

The AFV names are very hard to read - white on black background is a pain on the eyes (except on a screen, but that's because of the light coming from the screen), and white on a mixed black-and-gray background is even worse. It's probably inherent to the black counters - I'm fortunate that I don't have a black color fetish.

The red AF - with what looks like some red, some white outline, I don't know - on the Tigers are also very hard to read.

As for getting rid of the AFV names on the counters, as someone suggested - please don't do it. Just for compatibility it would be a bad thing - the general layout and informations on an AFV counter have been decided once and for all more than 30 years ago, and most of us are just too old to change those habits. And honestly, I'm happy that they decided to use up some space for the names - playing with "R.AFV #23" vs "G.AFV#12" just would not have the same flavor as T34s vs PzIVs, for those of us who don't recognize the model from a small outline printed on a 2cm piece of cardboard.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Maybe if you guys played more ASL instead of collecting CH dreck or playing other games you might actually have something to contribute. But ya without you guys the forum is really a dead place..........not.

Scott
And there it goes, motor mouth strikes again, well done dickhead.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
So droll Scott, I am hardly on here now due to the fact that there are very rarely any things that interest me, and CH stuff is not a major factor in my life unlike your trolling which is a constant!

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The red AF - with what looks like some red, some white outline, I don't know - on the Tigers are also very hard to read.
The red and white will only look pink when printed at proper size. It's a bad idea.

As for getting rid of the AFV names on the counters, as someone suggested - please don't do it. Just for compatibility it would be a bad thing - the general layout and informations on an AFV counter have been decided once and for all more than 30 years ago, and most of us are just too old to change those habits.
If the counters aren't going to offer any improvements over the published ones there is no reason to do it. Listing the AFV number instead of the name would, IMO, be a great aid to finding the Chapter H notes, which one should be refreshing themself on before each scenario anyway.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Back on topic...

The AFV names are very hard to read - white on black background is a pain on the eyes (except on a screen, but that's because of the light coming from the screen), and white on a mixed black-and-gray background is even worse. It's probably inherent to the black counters - I'm fortunate that I don't have a black color fetish.

As for getting rid of the AFV names on the counters, as someone suggested - please don't do it. Just for compatibility it would be a bad thing - the general layout and informations on an AFV counter have been decided once and for all more than 30 years ago, and most of us are just too old to change those habits. And honestly, I'm happy that they decided to use up some space for the names - playing with "R.AFV #23" vs "G.AFV#12" just would not have the same flavor as T34s vs PzIVs, for those of us who don't recognize the model from a small outline printed on a 2cm piece of cardboard.
Thoroughly agree

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The red and white will only look pink when printed at proper size. It's a bad idea.

If the counters aren't going to offer any improvements over the published ones there is no reason to do it. Listing the AFV number instead of the name would, IMO, be a great aid to finding the Chapter H notes, which one should be refreshing themself on before each scenario anyway.
Having seen the list of vehicles being done and not giving away to much info about them, there are a load that are not already in the system so a CH H would have to be included and would the official note number have to be applied and new numbers then allocated to the list. That could cause problems if MMP then bring out new ones themselves and use numbers that BG are using for different vehicles?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Having seen the list of vehicles being done and not giving away to much info about them, there are a load that are not already in the system so a CH H would have to be included and would the official note number have to be applied and new numbers then allocated to the list. That could cause problems if MMP then bring out new ones themselves and use numbers that BG are using for different vehicles?
It's not too much of a secret. I posted lists of 5/8" counters on my brokenground.design blog a long time ago. The lists have since expanded, and the numbers for each type of AFV/ordnance have changed, but it gives you a good idea of what has been done. Adding a separate SS "nationality" is more of an afterthought - I may or may not follow through with it.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
It's not too much of a secret. I posted lists of 5/8" counters on my brokenground.design blog a long time ago. The lists have since expanded, and the numbers for each type of AFV/ordnance have changed, but it gives you a good idea of what has been done. Adding a separate SS "nationality" is more of an afterthought - I may or may not follow through with it.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
With the release of CH's two sets of Black SS I would not bother Alan.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Another sample, which also shows the space limits of moving the vehicle name around.
SS25b Pz T34M41 747-r.png

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
It's really way too hard to read the vehicle designation.
Otherwise quite nice.
In general remember: more contrast = easier to read.