Counter opinions

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do a set for the US market with Skulls. Nothing is banned in the good old USA!
As much as one might think that blanket statement true in the name of freedom of speech activists, it is blatantly untrue. Most explosive devices are banned across the US. Handguns are banned to be possessed by anyone under the age of 21, anyone convicted of a felony, or anyone diagnosed with a past mental illness or disability. Destructive devices of all shapes and sizes are banned across the US. Most States and / or local entities ban many other items, such the area of Tennessee where ethanol-based liquids are banned for personal consumption or possession (to name but one). The list goes on and on. Many things are banned - more might yet be - but the Nazi symbolism is given a pass as it is determined to fall under " free speech" , unless used / utilized in commission of a hate crime - where its use is again ,banned ( including the Death's Head insignia.)

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
* Keep the vehicle names away from the circle/square that designates the turret speed.

* No need for skulls, runes or skull & crossbones (unless you're doing the Dread Pirate Roberts).

"No more rhyming, I mean it!" "Does anyone want a peanut?"

* ROF box could be a little lower and closer to the Gun size.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As much as one might think that blanket statement true in the name of freedom of speech activists, it is blatantly untrue. Most explosive devices are banned across the US. Handguns are banned to be possessed by anyone under the age of 21, anyone convicted of a felony, or anyone diagnosed with a past mental illness or disability. Destructive devices of all shapes and sizes are banned across the US. Most States and / or local entities ban many other items, such the area of Tennessee where ethanol-based liquids are banned for personal consumption or possession (to name but one). The list goes on and on. Many things are banned - more might yet be - but the Nazi symbolism is given a pass as it is determined to fall under " free speech" , unless used / utilized in commission of a hate crime - where its use is again ,banned ( including the Death's Head insignia.)
One only need be 18 in Indiana to have a pistol permit. But 21 to purchase one....

Thankfully for my eldest daughter, she can legally carry the handgun she got as a gift for her birthday.

If I remember right, there are dry counties in Kentucky too...

( Back to discussing counter design )

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You know what would be nice on the back side of the counter? The vehicle note number.

JR
That is a very interesting idea. I like it a lot. I wonder if this ever came up before. I cannot remember it, though.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I've got lots of vehicles/ordnance that aren't in Chapter H.
True. That is why some people are looking forward to your counters especially.

But the idea of the vehicle number is very good, nevertheless.
Some people sort their counters by vehicle note. In most cases, I believe this requires the use of an index. Maybe if the vehicle note is on the counters, that might no longer be necessary. I have not thought it through as I use a different system, personally. Taking the idea further, putting down the vehicle number on the scenario cards might be an interesting idea, too.

von Marwitz

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You're correct. In fact, federal law is 18, some states are 18 or 19 also. Looks like someone pulled facts out of their ass again.

http://smartgunlaws.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/consumer-child-safety/minimum-age/

Good summary of the state and federal laws further down that page.
what exactly did you miss on the first paragraph here Michael?

http://smartgunlaws.org/minimum-age-to-purchase-possess-in-california/

Your website, but they all pretty much say the same thing:

"Minimum age for sales and transfers: California prohibits any person, corporation or firm from selling a handgun to anyone under age 21,
..."

I understand that it can be difficult for certain people to read the first sentence in a paragraph.

care for a different State , perhaps?

http://smartgunlaws.org/minimum-age-to-purchase-or-possess-firearms-in-new-york/

"New York law prohibits anyone under age 21 from obtaining a license to possess or carry a handgun..."

Again, a bit difficult to understand when one must read the first sentence of a paragraph first.

The really sad part about "bogus facts":

Your own link:

http://smartgunlaws.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/consumer-child-safety/minimum-age/

Did you miss this part?

"...Dealers may not sell or deliver a handgun or ammunition for a handgun to any person the dealer has reasonable cause to believe is under age 21." (18 U.S.C. § 922(b)(1), (c)(1).)

The worst part about assumptions is they tend to make an a$$ of oneself. Perhaps you might consider reading the material before you reference it? Federal law prohibits selling a handgun to a person believed to be under the age of 21. That is pretty clear in the U.S. Code. Some states, but not all ban their possession under the age of 21 as well. If you'd like to continue this discussion I would be more than happy to oblige, off this thread - no reason to continue hijacking it IMO.

None of the above having one whit to do with the fact that if you, or anyone else, were to commit a hate crime in any State of the United States, and used, displayed, or left Nazi symbolism during the commission of that crime or as evidence afterward - the perpetrator(s) would find their use of Nazi symbolism is in fact - banned, unlawful, and opens up prosecution options including "special circumstances" in almost every case. (Not to mention it typically becomes a penultimate form of evidence that it was a hate crime, and not any other type of crime in the first place.) Which remains the point of the post itself that I made. One might desire the Death's Head on the counter, but the use of the symbol is not automatically allowed - period; just because one lives in the United States. NSWPP v Skokie, IL did not set a case precedent.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Should have taken that to PMs a long time ago.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looks really good, Footsteps. I will be buying your sets when you print them for sure. Not to nit pick too much, but I still think the grey turret speed indicator is a little light yet because it draws far too much attention for what is really just a lazy mans turret speed reminder. That's just my opinion possibly, so I'll say no more about it. ;-)

Last edited:

ColinJ

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The white oval for fully tracked could be made smaller, say half the height and maybe 80% as long (better reflect the proportions of the tracks too). The small change in symbol size shouldn't affect the understanding of what the circles/oval represent. It provides more room for the vehicle name and the counter base colours are light enough for the black MP number to be clear.