CC/Melee Black numbers red numbers

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I remember the first thing I learned at a tournament: dice glasses and dice towers. No more free rolling and messing up the game board.
Lol rolling dice in the game box, those were days! The dice even stayed in the box occasionally. 🤪

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
Hearing dice rattling around in glasses hurts my ears. A good dice tower for me.
The first of only two gaming conventions I went to ( around 95-96 ), Pat Flory and another gentleman were playing The Russian Campaign ( I believe ) and they were using a glass jar. I liked the idea but the noise!

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
In Red Barricades, either side can optionally declare a CC to be HtH when they are the attacker or they ambush the other side.
one more on this theme : once in melee (under normal not HtH), does the ATTACKER may declare the melee as HtH ? I find it's possible for japs or gurkhas, but there, in Stalingrad ?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
one more on this theme : once in melee (under normal not HtH), does the ATTACKER may declare the melee as HtH ? I find it's possible for japs or gurkhas, but there, in Stalingrad ?
Yes...a Melee may become H-t-H if the ATTACKER chooses (sometimes it's automatic)....

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
i ask the question, because it's G1.64 and A25.43 for japs and gurkhas (may, it's not automatic, right ?), but did not find the same rules for others, germans and russians in Stalingrad...

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i ask the question, because it's G1.64 and A25.43 for japs and gurkhas (may, it's not automatic, right ?), but did not find the same rules for others, germans and russians in Stalingrad...
As Robin pointed out. The Chapter J rule is referenced in Chapter O here:
RF11 HAND-TO-HAND CC: Hand-to-Hand CC (J2.31) is allowed in all RF scenarios. Additionally, the DEFENDER may declare Hand-to-Hand CC provided all ATTACKER units were Ambushed and/or are Withdrawing/pinned. Hand-to-Hand CC by/vs PRC/pillbox-occupant(s) is NA.

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
OK for CC.
But my question is about a Melee...
G1.64 and A25.43 are precise with the mention CC/Melee, but J2.31 is saying nothing about Melee, except HtH Melee can't reverse to normal Melee

Klas says "Yes..." ; is not he a Rules Guru ? When is it automatic Klas ? With the arrival of a berseker in the Melee ? Other case ?

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe the confusion is a misunderstanding regarding Melee. Read A11.15. CC is conducted when in Melee. Unless hth is automatic you get the CC hth choices laid out in whatever hth rule applies for the scenario being played. Those choices are not limited to just the initial round of CC. The only real difference is the swapping of ATTACKER and DEFENDER each new round of CC while locked in Melee, so your choices may change.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
When is it automatic Klas ? With the arrival of a berseker in the Melee ? Other case ?
It is automatic when the ATTACKER must normally declare it. Otherwise when the ATTACKE can declare it.

ASOP:
8.2 DURING LOCATION’s CCPh:
8.21B
Declare first/next sequential CC attack (A11.3-.34) or, ATTACKER first (A11.12; G13.495), all simultaneous CC attacks if no sequential CC exists. Declare if Hand-to-Hand (A25.43; G1.64; G18.62; J2.31; SSR RB11) and/or Capture attempt (A11.52; A20.22). Reveal (A12.31) all units declared to be making/directing a CC attack (A11.19).

No distinction of CC or Melee in the ASOP.