Big Ten implodes

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, the Big Ten laid an egg today.

1. Nebraska embarrassed at home. I almost thought I saw Callahan on the sideline during the 3rd quarter.
2. Michigan gets a gift from the time keeper to keep getting beat by Akron. Surprised the review didn't put a second back on the clock - ball clearly hit the ground before the clock showed double zeros.
3. Penn State loses to Central Florida
4. Purdue completely sh*ts the bed in the fourth quarter against ND.
5. Up and coming Illinois loses to Washington.
6. Wisconsin barely holding on at AZ State - still to be decided.

Looks like a good ole fashion whipping of the Big Ten by the Pac Ten this weekend.

After Bama gives up 628 yards to Texas A&M, I am thinking Oregon is the front runner right now. They took Tennessee to the woodshed and spanked them like a misbehaving child.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
But Bama also gets 568 yards on their own (not counting the 73 yard interception). I'll take Bama by 9 on a neutral field vs Oregon. Oregon's win was at home, Bama's on the road. Will say it was pretty sloppily played with all the penalties.

Michigan brought back memories of Appalachian St.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But Bama also gets 568 yards on their own (not counting the 73 yard interception). I'll take Bama by 9 on a neutral field vs Oregon. Oregon's win was at home, Bama's on the road. Will say it was pretty sloppily played with all the penalties.

Michigan brought back memories of Appalachian St.
Looks like the only legit team in the BIG 10 (yea right) is OSU. This is sad. I'm a big Buckeye fan but this showing by the rest of the league does not do them any good.
I wasn't impressed by the Bama win. They had 2 weeks to get ready for Johnny, but then again Bama has set the bar pretty damn high.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like the only legit team in the BIG 10 (yea right) is OSU. This is sad. I'm a big Buckeye fan but this showing by the rest of the league does not do them any good.
I wasn't impressed by the Bama win. They had 2 weeks to get ready for Johnny, but then again Bama has set the bar pretty damn high.
Tend to agree with you. Wow, did Wisconsin sh*t the bed on that end of game play or what? All the QB had to do is take a knee but he sets the ball on the ground. No wonder everyone was confused and thought it might be a fumble. I am still curious on why it wasn't a fumble. The whistle hasn't blown.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Tend to agree with you. Wow, did Wisconsin sh*t the bed on that end of game play or what? All the QB had to do is take a knee but he sets the ball on the ground. No wonder everyone was confused and thought it might be a fumble. I am still curious on why it wasn't a fumble. The whistle hasn't blown.

Should have been a fumble. No part of his body was on the ground except his feet. Even if he took a knee, the clock would have kept running. He should have told the official what he was going to do, or he should have spiked the ball and attempted the FG from the right hash.

Poor time management; head coach's fault, he should have communicated better.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Should have been a fumble. No part of his body was on the ground except his feet. Even if he took a knee, the clock would have kept running. He should have told the official what he was going to do, or he should have spiked the ball and attempted the FG from the right hash.

Poor time management; head coach's fault, he should have communicated better.
I just sat and laughed at the TV while the QB was going ape sh*t and the refs were getting the hell out of dodge. I think the refs got this call right, but seems to me that ref'ing so far this year has been sub-par at best. During the Nebraska game, UCLA missed a field goal that the refs standing directly under the pole called good and had to be overturned on replay. The kick was close, but WTF? Also, getting flagged for any kind of hard hit this year is getting way out of hand for all teams. Christ it's football. Toss them out for the cheap shots, but let them play. It's supposed to be a violent game.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I just sat and laughed at the TV while the QB was going ape sh*t and the refs were getting the hell out of dodge. I think the refs got this call right, but seems to me that ref'ing so far this year has been sub-par at best. During the Nebraska game, UCLA missed a field goal that the refs standing directly under the pole called good and had to be overturned on replay. The kick was close, but WTF? Also, getting flagged for any kind of hard hit this year is getting way out of hand for all teams. Christ it's football. Toss them out for the cheap shots, but let them play. It's supposed to be a violent game.

I'll sure agree with the officiating. In the Bama game, one of the Tide's cornerbacks was called for a personal foul -- targeting. Replay showed his arms were up and he was going for the ball. The play went up to the booth to determine if the corner should have been ejected and they said that there was no targeting. BUT THE PERSONAL FOUL FOR TARGETING WAS STILL WALKED OFF!!! It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

As to football and it's violent, remember what the greatest middle linebacker ever (Jack Lambert) said: "Quarterbacks should wear dresses."

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh well,

Another year of madness called "College Football".

I'll sure be glad when Thanksgiving Day gets here; 90% of the problems of college football will be over.....