Balance for R0 "Blood on the Tracks"?

Martin

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Hi guys

Am about to play RO1 ”Blood on the Tracks” in a few weeks, but ROAR shows German 2/Russian 19.
I worry that the scenario card balance of three more German 4-6-8 squads is not enough.

What balance would you recommend?

Thanks,
Martin

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
I think some of those entries were made before the discovery of the scenario errata which may have skewed the results.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Did a quick look at it on the Archive. It does seem a bit skewed in favor of the Russians. It seems odd that a scenario designed by Charlie would be that far out of balance. As Mongo5486 suggested make sure you check out the errata. Since you have some time to study it do so and concentrate on avenues of approach and force multiplers. Do take the Balance though.

If you do play it please post the results and maybe an AAR. Good luck!!🤗🤗

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Errata in the mythical forthcoming Journal 13?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys

Am about to play RO1 ”Blood on the Tracks” in a few weeks, but ROAR shows German 2/Russian 19.
I worry that the scenario card balance of three more German 4-6-8 squads is not enough.

What balance would you recommend?

Thanks,
Martin
Give the Germans x3 10-3 leaders.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think Melvin applied one of his Swedish fixes to this scenario. No time to search for it now but it was posted to GS.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
from the Red Factory page on MMPs website:

RO1 Blood On The Tracks: Replace VC with “The Germans win at game end if there are no Good Order Russian MMC on/west-of hexrow K and/or by Controlling ≥ 1 building on/east-of hexrow M.”. In SSR 3, at the end add “Place stone rubble in hex R33.

Martin

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
thanks for the input. i did not know this errata, so will go with this
changed VC and 4-5 extra squads for Germans. will try, - the Volga is so near...

martin

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I am in the middle of a playing of this one, as the Germans. We used the German balance and applied the erratum. Also, my opponent is a bit less experienced than I am.

Up to the middle of German turn 5, I seemed to be doing OK. But my 10-2 kill stack was "ambushed" by the Russian 9-2, HIP on a rooftop with two MMGs, and is now broken; this may well end up costing me the game.

Considering some good luck on my part so far, and the difference in experience levels of the players (mind you, I'm not an expert either), I'd say the scenario is still tough on the Germans, but not unplayably so.

(Also, applying the setup restrictions with the German balance was not possible, we relaxed them to 13 counters per row instead of 12)

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Played this and it was impossible for the Germans against a half decent defense...................

Choose something from Red Barricades would be my advice 👍

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
one playing?
one playing still beats zero playtests.

Five playings now vs 4 different opponents.