Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I just talked with Bret Hildebran. Bret is adding a Factories & Rails playtest mini to the ASLOK Mini-Tournament on Wednesday, October 5th. So, if you are planning on attending ASLOK and are interested in participating in a truly awesome Mini Tournament, please look for a sign-up sheet when you get there. Oh, and don't forget to bring your Communist Chinese from Forgotten War as they are used for WWII Russians in a couple of scenarios. Hopefully, I will see you in Cleveburg!

View attachment 22770
Drat. Wednesday is the same day as the Desert min; the only mini I plan to do this year.

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FYI - I posted an updated scenario list: http://www.aslok.org/downloads/ASLOK_22_Minis.pdf

The only major change is that J103 Lenin's Sons is subbing in for WO39 Shotgun Shuffle in the Great Patriotic War mini. Shotgun Shuffle is in Saipan which has me wondering how I managed to slot it into a Russia mini, but I'll blame Microsoft for a copy/paste error that couldn't possibly have been my fault. I also updated some of the color notes that were incorrect. Thanks to Stephen Frum and Michael Rodgers for the notes.

The pre-reg list is also updated - we're at 89 as of now. Which is at least ahead of last year's pace, but is also down from a normal year in the "before times".

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FYI - I posted an updated scenario list: http://www.aslok.org/downloads/ASLOK_22_Minis.pdf

The only major change is that J103 Lenin's Sons is subbing in for WO39 Shotgun Shuffle in the Great Patriotic War mini. Shotgun Shuffle is in Saipan which has me wondering how I managed to slot it into a Russia mini, but I'll blame Microsoft for a copy/paste error that couldn't possibly have been my fault. I also updated some of the color notes that were incorrect. Thanks to Stephen Frum and Michael Rodgers for the notes.

The pre-reg list is also updated - we're at 89 as of now. Which is at least ahead of last year's pace, but is also down from a normal year in the "before times".
It looks like a couple of the scenarios in the Jumbo Jets mini on Sat got swapped out somehow (scenario numbers are the same, but the titles got changed). Assume the original list is correct.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As always, looking for some to join me in the Big Game Hunter mini. Any early arrivals interested? Manila would be a good start with some of their monster scenarios. Start Saturday and end well before the other minis begin.
Then looking to playtest/showcase many new works in progress. Four weeks from today!
I have a Saturday game lined up with Brian Wiersma for this mini. I am still looking for two more players who can compete against each other and the winners play for the plaque. ASLOK is perhaps THE best venue to take on these bucket list monster ASL (or HASL) scenarios that we otherwise do not have tie for. Regardless, see you all there in EIGHT DAYS!!!

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks like a couple of the scenarios in the Jumbo Jets mini on Sat got swapped out somehow (scenario numbers are the same, but the titles got changed). Assume the original list is correct.
It appears that a copy/paste issue happened when I had all 5 sheets in the spreadsheet selected for printing somehow. The scenario names from Gor-Gor for scenarios 2.3 and 3.1 pasted over the same scenarios in that corresponding mini slot for R/F/S. Pacific, Biggest Loser No More & Jumbo Jets were the affected parties. Ironically I had caught it on the variant SSRs page as it was obvious but hadn't thought to check/realized what happened on the other pages. D'oh!

Anyway - the uploaded .pdf has been fixed and now I need to reprint/re-cut 3 sets of chits... 😢

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A few notes for ASLOK folk:
  1. The airport shuttle is running. Call the front desk when you land. Pickup is at #8.
  2. The Skyline ballroom should be open for us now. Wild Bill will be there around 1 today, but if you are an early arriver looking for a game you can play in the Skyline.
  3. The hotel is not doing regular cleanings each day on long stays still. If you want to get your room cleaned they recommend calling the front desk the night prior to get on the schedule. Towels/Soap etc. are available quickly and you can just call the front desk to request those.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
A few notes for ASLOK folk:
  1. The airport shuttle is running. Call the front desk when you land. Pickup is at #8.
  2. The Skyline ballroom should be open for us now. Wild Bill will be there around 1 today, but if you are an early arriver looking for a game you can play in the Skyline.
  3. The hotel is not doing regular cleanings each day on long stays still. If you want to get your room cleaned they recommend calling the front desk the night prior to get on the schedule. Towels/Soap etc. are available quickly and you can just call the front desk to request those.
Thanks again for all you, Wild Bill and Dave do for ASLOk and the whole ASL community. 🤗