AOO & ASLRB Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countertroll

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
relax

Scott will be back...he always is. I would not be too worried about it. He is as sincere about moving on as he was about stopping trolling and bashing.

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
SGT HOLST said:
Rick-
you really need to at ease your attitude son.

Scott
I need to "at ease my attitude"? :hmmm:

What the hell's wrong with you?

- Rick

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
SGT HOLST said:
Actually, I posted Brians comment from Consim world on how He had to stop work on ASL to take care of the Gamers line. Cant blame people for getting upset.
But of course, the more fanatical followers of MMP will blame me for MMP's problems. Right Rick?

Scott
Actually, I (like most people) blame you for stirring things up. You start by researching Brian's comments and trying to "catch him" in a lie and somehow "prove" that he isn't working on ASL as hard as he could be. Then you make a snide comment that you go back and edit because it was so bad, then to make matters worse, you jump to another forum and triumphantly post your comments and Brian's response there.

Just to be clear, I don't blame you for MMP problems. I don't think anyone blames you for MMP's problems. I blame you for being annoying and actually thinking that your opinion should somehow matter or have an effect. Even if that effect is only that of bird sh*t hitting the driver's side window.

Just wanted you to be clear on where I stand.

- Rick

AnewNewbie

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
DLYoung70 said:
See, this is why debate is fun. I agree with those posting against Ron that he rips anyone who has something negative to say about MMP, because all too often it's true. But I also agree with his comment that "MMP simply does not make the income to provide a full time developer(and his family, if he has one) with an adequate salary and benefits." This is also very true. These guys have day jobs for a reason.

However it does make me wonder if this is a chicken/egg scenario. If there was a full time developer, then presumably items like AoO, J6, VoTG, SK2, etc. would actually get done in a timely manner. This means the income of MMP would increase, because instead of a few lame old titles to sell they'd have new products going out the door, and maybe even (say it ain't so!) the ability to keep core material from going OOP.

So it's concievable we can choose from two possibilities:

1) No FT developer, trickle of product, little or no income.

2) Hire a FT developer, product flows, income follows accordingly.

The question is then simply this... would the increased income generated by having someone working on getting product out the door 8 hours a day be able to offset the cost of this person (or persons)? The answer seems to be "yes" for the Gamers line, with Dean being brought onboard for ostensibly the same purpose we're asking for an ASL developer. But for ASL?

And please, don't pretend you have the answer to this. The MMP supporters are going to say if it was possible then of course MMP would do it so we could all live in peace. The MMP bashers are going to say that the insiders (Brian, Perry, etc.) don't want to farm the work out (and pay someone to do it) for reasons related to ego. But the truth is that no one really knows.

Chicken? Egg?

Darrell
That's easy,just hire someone who's single, has no life, and eats
crap food on the cheap.

Damn, I just described myself...:OHNO:...Brian,you hiring? :devious:

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nooo...

Brian, don't do it! We want AoO! Not "Anzacs Triumphant!" or "Kiwis take Berlin" or some such. :D

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Wow,

How did this topic get to this :confused:

What will be interesting is if lets say by June 2005, AOO, J6 and the RB are in print.......

Will everyone get off MMP'S back then?

I for one, am giving them some time to get ASL back on track

(not that its totaly off track, but, we need some releases and they know that).

Peace

Roger

paulkenny

Reaction score
I think everyone, and I mean everyone, needs to take a deep breath and move on.

Given the happenings in the world right now the status of AoO is moving down on the priority list.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
paulkenny said:
Given the happenings in the world right now...
What is the drm to test Yasser Arafat's wound severity? :rolleyes:
It seems his wife has rolled "berserk" on the HoB table...:D

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
paulkenny said:
I think everyone, and I mean everyone, needs to take a deep breath and move on.
I agree with Paul, and am going to take the (mildly) radical step of closing this thread.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.