? and off-board setup

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
DURING THE FORMER PART OF THE SETUP PHASE:
1) "Technically you can also place your real units unconcealed above a STACK of OB-given "?" (possibly with some other real units mixed in)"
MORE SPECIFICALLY 2) You can place TWO OR MORE OB-given "?" under an unconcealed unit.

DURING THE LAST PART OF THE SETUP PHASE You cannot add a free "?" on top.
JR
Correct? Does that make it clearer? NRBH -- which rule prohibits the free "?" on top during the Latter Part of setup (since you CAN put "?" on top during the Former Part of the setup phase, I'm looking for where the distinction between phases is made).

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, the "slowing down" part isn't going so well. Neither are my crafty-crafty deceptions. I think I need a remedial course on Defense.
Yeah, sometimes the other guy is just plain crazy or stupid; And if it's Stupid and it works, it ain't stupid (Murphy's Laws of Combat).:eek::D

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Correct? Does that make it clearer? NRBH -- which rule prohibits the free "?" on top during the Latter Part of setup (since you CAN put "?" on top during the Former Part of the setup phase, I'm looking for where the distinction between phases is made).
A12.12:
"...After his opponent sets up in the same manner, each unconcealed unit (of both sides) which is either out of the LOS of all unbroken enemy ground units within 16 hexes of it, or at ≥ 17 hexes from all of them, may have a “?” not designated by the OB placed on it [EXC: only one non-OB-designated “?” can be placed per stack of units and not on top of any previously placed “?”]...."

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think the squads or equivalent is there just to have consistent wording across SSRs.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Come on JRV, two days waiting for the punchline? Let us all in on it.