A beautiful tank model

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Am I the only one who kept thinking to himself "those aren't interleaved road wheels"? -- jim

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I'd ask Fort, also a woodworker, if he could do a Panther but I believe that his time is better employed turning out new ASL material than turning wood. At least for the ASL community.

Very nice model though.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd ask Fort, also a woodworker, if he could do a Panther but I believe that his time is better employed turning out new ASL material than turning wood. At least for the ASL community.

Very nice model though.
Indeed, gotta have the right priorities.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only person more picky than an ASL player is a historical miniatures player!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No, they don't.
Perhaps an interesting topic for a thread. AFV suspensions in ASL. 🤔
At the 9 minute mark, the video makes these statements:
The T-34 featured interleaved road wheels, meaning that the wheels overlapped each other
This way, they formed a continuous track-support structure
This design helped distribute the weight of the tank more evenly and contributed to its stability

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
At the 9 minute mark, the video makes these statements:
The T-34 featured interleaved road wheels, meaning that the wheels overlapped each other
This way, they formed a continuous track-support structure
This design helped distribute the weight of the tank more evenly and contributed to its stability
Look at a Panther, Tiger I, or King Tiger and compare those interleaved road wheels to those on a T-34. A T-34 does NOT have interleaved road wheels. It does have a Christie suspension though. — jim

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Look at a Panther, Tiger I, or King Tiger and compare those interleaved road wheels to those on a T-34. A T-34 does NOT have interleaved road wheels. It does have a Christie suspension though. — jim
I agree with you. I noted the claim as I was watching, and I thought it weird. I was trying to highlight the difference between the video claim and reality. 👍