Search results

1. FlatPackFred

Gunflashes and Bounding Fire

Night scenario. In the Movement Phase an AFV makes a Bounding Fire attack and is marked with a Bounding Fire counter. The AFV then continues to move. All enemy units are beyond the NVR applicable to the AFV. What happens? If the Bounding Fire counter remains on the AFV then can it be fired at in...
  2. FlatPackFred

Opportunity fire guns?

I realise the rules don't allow guns to opportunity fire. My question is 'Why not?' as it seems a reasonable thing to do.
  3. FlatPackFred

Feature to allow the mapboards to be rotated?

Hi, I'm on a roll. I am fortunate to have a rotating monitor - so in a way I can already do this. But being able to rotate the mapboards (through 90, 180 or 270 deg) on the playing screen (independently for each player) would be wonderful enhancement. I am assuming that the data model for the...
  4. FlatPackFred

Unpossessed support weapons

Wouldl it be possible to develop an extension that highlights unpossessed support weapons?
  5. FlatPackFred

Port & Stbd turreted tanks

An odd question, I was wondering whether the Russians are the only nationality that has AFVs with port and stbd turrets? (good nautical terms for 'land ships')
  6. FlatPackFred

StME 5-3-7 Sturm troops

I'm making space in my German counter tray to fit in the 5-3-7 Sturm MMCs (I think MMP should be fined each time they introduce new infantry units for well established nations - the stress and chaos that they cause across the ASL community as we try and make space in an already chock-a-block...
  7. FlatPackFred

Routing from on top of a foxhole in open ground

A10.5 implies that a broken unit above a foxhole in open ground would not be able to rout into the foxhole. Is that right?
  8. FlatPackFred

Undocking the overview window?

Is it possible to undock the Overview window? Rather than it being overload on the mapboard
  9. FlatPackFred

Recovering SW from broken unit

A leader and a squad that posseses a 1pp SW are fired on in Defensive First Fire. The leader passes (unpinned) and the squad squad breaks. Can the leader try and recover the SW on a dr<6 within the same movement phase of those units. ? [Rule ref: A4.44 Recovery]
  10. FlatPackFred

OT AFV treated as unarmoured

Struggling to make sense of D5.311: "If an OT AFV's crew would receive a CE DRM reduced by Elevation-Effects/Air Bursts to < its normal CE DRM, that AFV is instead treated as unarmoured ...". What I don't understand is when this wouldn't apply if an attack has Elevation Effects/Air Burst. In...
  11. FlatPackFred

MG gets ROF in PFPh - can owning squad move in the MPh?

Sorry if I you go "Doh!" when you read this - e.g. that everyone knows this already. A9.2 indicates that the Prep Fire counter is only placed after the MG has lost ROF. If a squad fire an MG without using inherent FP and gets ROF then no PF counter be applied ... and hence if the squad took no...
  12. FlatPackFred

Eureka! Scenario Archive - owned scenarios

For a couple of years I have been mulling over how to make an index of the scenarios that I own; so that I can search for particular nationalities, boards, etc. Although I realised that Scenario Archive had this capability, the thought of entering each scenario into someone else's website...
  13. FlatPackFred

Representing Polish paratroops at Arnhem

My plan is to use British 6-4-8 counters to represent these troops. I was wondering about a SSR to amend the nationality characteristics. Possibly to allow cowering and increase broken morale. What do you think?
  14. FlatPackFred

Area target type

What is the rationale behind the increase in the Area target type to hit number from "7" for 1-6 range and 7-12 range to "8" at 13-18 range?
  15. FlatPackFred

Beserk after assault move

Played Through the Narrow Passage today - first time playing on the FB map which is both rich in detail and visually attractive. I found the rules comprehensively explained and the effects of food shortages and ammunition shortages are pretty straight forward and logical. Given the nature of...
  16. FlatPackFred

Which rule do you want to change?

I love ASL, having played it as a teenager and then found it again in my early fifties. However there are a few rules that "get up my nose" so to speak. Probably the one that irritates me the most is rolling for special ammunition. If you roll low and get special ammunition you get to use the...
  17. FlatPackFred

Retain concealment after minimum move advance into close combat?

Played Got Milk today - great scenario and a tonic from house to house fighting in Stalingrad (also the subject of a good article in Journal 7 - although note that RR SSR state that bore sighting is not applicable). One of my concealed squads advanced uphill, across barbed into close combat the...
  18. FlatPackFred

Crew CR while halftrack in motion

While playing Texas Flood on Sunday we had an instance of a mortar attack on a half-track in motion. The half-track was unaffected but the collateral attack on the crew and passengers resulted in a MC. The crew rolled a 12 and were casualty reduced and the squad broke. We eliminated the crew...