Search results

1. ecz

help for SSR wording

Hi boys. I'm currently working on the wording of a new scenario for an incoming pack. We have a doubt: A SSR saying: Germans may set up force A in/adjacent any of the following three hexes: X,Y,Z means that force A may be setup adjacent X, or Y, or Z OR that Germans may set up...
  2. ecz

Victory Condictions in FrF 19

hi all. this is the sentence: The Russians win at game end if they control > 9 building/rubble hexes. well, I have this question: the part on the left of the slash means 9 "building hexes" or just 9 buildings (i.e. counting multi hex buildings as one ) ?
  3. ecz

Chess clock in tournament

... not to use as a chess clock in chess, but just as a visual evidence of the time spent by each player during his/her turns. It should work as a neutral assistant that says to the referee who is the player most responsible of the delay if the game does not end by the schedule. An helper to...
  4. ecz

ECZ Tournament Director's Pack now on ROAR

Hello, title says everything. Finally JRV found the time to update the site and add these scenarios to ROAR. From today people can record their games. Please do it. Thanks
  5. ecz

ecz 12 A Tragic Victory

ecz 12 A Tragic Victory This is my first playing of ecz 12 A tragic Victory since the recent ecz’s Tournament Directors Pack has been published. My opponent is Craig Houliston, a nice opponent that I met several times during my VASLeague era. The pack contains 16 scenarios all featuring an...
  6. ecz

Culqualber (ecz5) Tournament Director Pack ( Advancing Fire).

This is my first playing of Culqualber since the recent ecz’s tournament directors pack has been published. While Paul and me have playtested together many scenarios, Culqualber is new for him. The pack contains 16 scenarios all featuring an original bidding system to assign sides and decide...
  7. ecz

447 ss

Hi boys, it's 1944, a German OB has only blue 5 4 8 and 4 4 7 showing their ss insigna A SSR saying: "German MMC are SS (A 25.11)" is strictly necessary? and if it is does this imply : all Germans have underlined morale score, all Germans have assault fire capabability they are "Elite"...
  8. ecz

ROAR, a few questions

first of all I LOVE Roar and believe it's a precious resurce. That said after my super long break I have restarted ASL and to record all my playings. There are a few questions, I don't know if it's the right place where to ask, but however... Is it still run by the same person? is he alone...
  9. ecz

How many scenarios exist ?

more or less, official AH/MMP and coming from other sources... any updated number? someone counted them? thanks
  10. ecz

Japanese Cavalry

Hi all, I'm playtesting a scenario with Japanese Cavalry. What happens when a Japanese Cavalry squad fails a IFT/MC? it strips but does not bail out or it strips and bails out? Rules says that when Cavalry breaks it bails out: A 13.51 If Cavalry breaks, it must Bail Out but any Japanese...
  11. ecz

name the best scenario with the worst balance

the discussion about playtesting in the age of play once and move on made me want to ask what are the best scenarios having the worst VCs in your opinion. More answers allowed and encouraged. Comments are welcome as always. I'm not asking for scenarios with the worst apparent balance...
  12. ecz

I'm back

Hello dear friends, I'm still here :)
  13. ecz

any World of ASL update?

it seems the DM site have not been udated in 2018. I could have missed some new/info about this . So I'm here to ask if this has been discussed recently and if is there any info about a future planned major update
  14. ecz

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

VASLeague 2019 is an individual ASL tourney, now at its 13 th edition, played mainly via internet with the following rules: 1. General Rules 1.1 The Swiss System is used for pairings and classification. 1.12 There are 5 rounds of 45-60 days of duration each, beginning on 1st March 2019 ...
  15. ecz

Tunnels

rule B 8.6 says: The entrances must be in separate ground level building, pillbox, brush, or woods Locations (emphasis mine). Does it means, plain and simple that tunnel with entrances both at a level 1 hill woods are NA? I ask because rule adds: The tunnel may not pass beneath any hex...
  16. ecz

OT 34/85

where can I find the Russian T34/85 X11 FT 32FP tank counter for VASL? (it needs in scenario ITR-2 #8) thanks
  17. ecz

what - perhaps - ASL needs

JRV's post of a few days ago gave me the idea to start a new thread about what kind of improvement could be easily done at no cost just changing the scenario design style leaving every other thing untouched. Well, I'm not going to talk again about scenario balance and the bidding- VCs style I...
  18. ecz

scenario 89 Rescue Attempt VCs

gentlemen, I'm considering to play the above scenario, but not sure to fully understand its VCs. It seems Belgians only gain VCs in two ways: staying on board alive with AFVs, possibly within five hexes of 43 O10, and exiting off the west edge on/between 33GG5/GG1 in turns 7-8 with...
  19. ecz

Falling Rubble and Smoke

seeing an old war-movie I suddenly noticed that ASL players (and scenario designers) missed in 35+ years to point the fact that falling rubbles rules "forgot" to consider the smoke that should fill the hex (dust, small debris etc...) It's strange nobody never suggested to place a...
  20. ecz

Captured Vehicles

This in theory could happen is scenarios like AP 100 Coal in their Stockings when a side abandons many HTs removing the MGs for a better infantry usage and enemy units try to steal the vehicles and use them to quickly exit the board. Rules say: 21.22 TEMPORARY CREW: An armed vehicle which is...