Help! 155mm CH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rolled snakes on my TH roll - 155mm artillery (direct fire) on a +4 fortified building hex. Does the +4 get reversed. Can the building hex rubble?

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Does this answer your question? Read the full rule, I cut a few words out.

C3.71 RESOLUTION vs NON-ARMORED TARGET: A CH vs a non- armored target is resolved on the IFT (as per A7.3-.308) with the attacking weapon’s/FFE’s full HE FP doubled (with no prior halving or other modification [EXC: C.7] if using the Area Target Type) Furthermore, any positive TEM which that target would normally be entitled to for TH or IFT purposes is reversed (before any movement modifications) and applies as a negative DRM to the IFT DR.

See B24.11 for Rubble creation from your shot.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
CH only apply to units person/vehicles so if more than one unit in the location randomly select which unit

3.74 RESOLUTION vs MULTIPLE TARGETS: Regardless of the number of targets in a Location struck by a CH, the special provisions of a CH apply only to the target(s) determined by Random Selection. Attacks on other units hit in that Location are resolved as if struck by a normal hit [EXC: If a CH is obtained vs a vehicle, the vehicle always receives the CH and any other units affected Collaterally are attacked normally; D.8.] If using the Area Target Type or OBA, and more than one occupied Location is hit, use Random Selection to determine the occupied Location in which the CH occurs.

So once you determine which target receives the CH, double the Firepower and reverse the TEM yes the +4 TEM for fortified location is reversed. (note you do not get to a the +1 TEM per level above the location, only TEM of the location.

3.71 RESOLUTION vs NON-ARMORED TARGET: A CH vs a non-armored target is resolved on the IFT (as per A7.3-.308) with the attacking weapon's/FFE's full HE (or HE Equivalency; 8.31) FP doubled (with no prior halving or other modification [EXC: C.7] if using the Area Target Type, Barrage, etc.) [EXC: a hit requiring a TK DR (7.1) is resolved on the pertinent TK Table (7.31-.34) after doubling the Basic TK# (7.23)]. Furthermore, any positive TEM [EXC: higher-building-level TEM (B23.32), pillbox NCA TEM (B30.113), SMOKE, and Hindrance] which that target would normally be entitled to for TH or IFT purposes is reversed (before any movement modifications) and applies as a negative DRM to the IFT DR. Air Burst TEM, and any other negative TEM, e.g., Runway (B7.3), Hammada (F3.4), Bamboo (G3.3), as well as FFMO and FFNAM (or Hazardous Movement) are not reversed and still apply (if applicable) in addition to the effects of a CH. A CH automatically destroys a Gun and its manning Infantry (11.4).

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rolled snakes on my TH roll - 155mm artillery (direct fire) on a +4 fortified building hex. Does the +4 get reversed. Can the building hex rubble?
36 -4 on the IFT. I believe any roll <10 gives you the possibility of creating rubble. You do the rubble first.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes the +4 gets reversed but only for 1 unit chosen by RS. the CH modifier does not apply for rubble.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes the +4 gets reversed but only for 1 unit chosen by RS. the CH modifier does not apply for rubble.
Oh really? Sounds like it would be pretty hard to rubble a building.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Next question.

3.73 RESOLUTION vs TERRAIN: A CH has no special additional effect vs terrain. Fire and rubble generation are handled as per a non-CH.
In addition to no DRM modifier, does this mean that the attack to rubble the building is figured on the 30FP column for 150mm or is it still rolled into the CH result but with no DRM?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it on the infantry type target ? Was your final DR <1/2 the final TH # ? Did you make a subsequent dr to determine a CH ?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
In addition to no DRM modifier, does this mean that the attack to rubble the building is figured on the 30FP column for 150mm or is it still rolled into the CH result but with no DRM?
Yes, Rubble creation is determined on the 30-FP column, so an Original Effects DR of 4 or less is needed for possibly rubbling a stone building hex.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe the DRM would be -7. Rule C.7 kicks in - HEAVY PAYLOAD - so there's an additional -3 DRM.
I had to go reread the Heavy Payload rule. It starts with OBA or bombs over 250mm, they kind of hide that CH info a little ways into it.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Note that snakes is not an automatic CH on the infantry target type. If there were no other modifiers, your nett roll was a "6" which is not less than half the 8 needed.
You require a subsequent dr of less than or equal to half the to hit number.
Good catch.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was remembering 50mm part instead of 8FP part without looking at the ASLRB.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Yeah, a 150+mm CH is likely to be the receiver's wurst nightmare. Until Random Selection picks the broken Conscript HS, of course.

Also, a Snake DR is not necessarily a CH on the Infantry Target Type. If the Final TH DR is not <4, a subsequent dr is needed.