Burma 2 AP, tentatively titled: 'Race To Rangoon!', is almost ready. Need Playtesters for one last look.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm officially retired and only doing sporadic peer review and light lab work now so I have my free time back. With these changes I plan to jump back into gaming and ASL in particular.

Anyone interested in looking over 10 scenarios and 3 maps for my next MMP Action Pack on the Burma campaign in 1942?

If you're willing to play a minimum of 3 scenarios at least twice and report back to me your thoughts by the last week in January I would love to have you on board. A copy of the AP and your name in playtesters credits, as well as my eternal gratitude, is what I can offer. There is no 'huge' scenario in this pack (there are two in the follow Burma 3 pack coming later).

I will send the map files and scenarios for you to print out, as well as the VASL map files for the new maps upon acceptance.

After the new year, I will also need playtesters for the aforementioned Burma 3 pack and a novel type of CG that I've been toying with for a few years.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
These are the sequel packs to AP#9 To the Bridge, if I am not mistaken.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I'm officially retired and only doing sporadic peer review and light lab work now so I have my free time back. With these changes I plan to jump back into gaming and ASL in particular.

Anyone interested in looking over 10 scenarios and 3 maps for my next MMP Action Pack on the Burma campaign in 1942?

If you're willing to play a minimum of 3 scenarios at least twice and report back to me your thoughts by the last week in January I would love to have you on board. A copy of the AP and your name in playtesters credits, as well as my eternal gratitude, is what I can offer. There is no 'huge' scenario in this pack (there are two in the follow Burma 3 pack coming later).

I will send the map files and scenarios for you to print out, as well as the VASL map files for the new maps upon acceptance.

After the new year, I will also need playtesters for the aforementioned Burma 3 pack and a novel type of CG that I've been toying with for a few years.

View attachment 27647View attachment 27648View attachment 27649
Looks very nice! Good luck with the projects and enjoy your retirement!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If they are anywhere as good as the AP9 scenarios, they'll be blast to play and an eventually viewed as true classics. I don't believe there's anything close to being called a barker or even moderately unbalanced in the AP9 pack. IMHO it's probably the best all-round Action Pack produced to date.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
If they are anywhere as good as the AP9 scenarios, they'll be blast to play and an eventually viewed as true classics. I don't believe there's anything close to being called a barker or even moderately unbalanced in the AP9 pack. IMHO it's probably the best all-round Action Pack produced to date.
You give the best a free hand and you get quality. Nuff said. 🤗

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If Gary is working on this AP then I am all in. I have not yet played a Fort barker. Lost Highway and Desobery Defient are still my all times Faves.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is one of if not my favorite theater. Very excited to see this come out. No way I can playtest at that rate, sorry, but I'll be in line to pick up a copy for sure.
It is one of my fave theaters as well. I plan to turn my attention westward after the Burma 3 pack is done. I'm looking at early war France, and the Balkans, especially Greece.
Also have quite a bit of Poland research but that will be put on the shelf for now.

No doubt that many sessions in such a short time is a rough schedule to ask...Luckily, I have "Iron" Jim Bishop in the bullpen. He's a beast once he gets started.

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is solo play acceptable? Not sure I could squeeze a bunch of coordinated games with people. If solo is acceptable I'd be willing to help out.

Cool maps btw!

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States

View attachment 27647View attachment 27648View attachment 27649
Will this be available for playtesting at WO in a few weeks?

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is solo play acceptable? Not sure I could squeeze a bunch of coordinated games with people. If solo is acceptable I'd be willing to help out.

Cool maps btw!
We’re very much in need of head to head play. Solo play is ok for spotting some types of errors.
Message me your email address and I’ll get something out to you.

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
Hi Fort, just waiting to hear back from my regular VASL partner in regards to whether we can fit in some playtest games from this weekend onwards - I think we might be able to manage 6 games plus associated notes by end of January

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
Hi Fort, just waiting to hear back from my regular VASL partner in regards to whether we can fit in some playtest games from this weekend onwards - I think we might be able to manage 6 games plus associated notes by end of January
Just confirmed with John K that we are good to go for playtesting starting as soon as possible.