Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Heureka! 'Tis Done!

After some seven weeks of sorting, punching, and labelling, the transition to RAACO is finished at long last...

Tis Done.jpg

The Tower of Madness...

_000 German Vehicles.jpg
An example of the labels: German vehicles in parade-ground order...

Boy, I am glad I'm done.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I look forward to your labels sir - great job!
I completed the Excel-file today, too. One tab for each nationality and the system counters, one tab for the Assorter labels, one tab to print all insert labels in one run (22 DIN-A-4 pages). I have not checked out how pagebreaks would work out for 'letter' format, but I *might* make a variant for the US-guys.

What I am planning to do is a text on my storage solution. Might come in handy and save some time for others who are planning the same. When this is ready, I'll try to put this into the up in to the resource-section in the forum. In case that does not work for some reason, I might send it to the Texas ASL Club to put on their page (which provided an excellent starting point for me in my undertaking).

von Marwitz

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are they new scenarios in that Petty's War pack or are they the same old Pointe du Hoc scenarios in a different package?
Looks like same ones as PdH BAR edition I have except for one new one (and will double check that to be sure.) One of the better CH modules I have played solo.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
View attachment 1008
An example of the labels: German vehicles in parade-ground order...

von Marwitz
Until contact with another player pulling the pieces and putting then away. Why do you put yourself through such pain? Why? ;)

By the way the Inpecktor General has noticed your vehicles are not in Letter order...ie C coming before A. Tut, tut. Back to work Herr Oberst, back to work. Mach schnell!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
By the way the Inpecktor General has noticed your vehicles are not in Letter order...ie C coming before A. Tut, tut. Back to work Herr Oberst, back to work. Mach schnell!
Herr Oberst merely looks you over with a quick monocled contemptuous gaze...

"It meh haf eskaped ju, sat some vehicles in se German OoB are not available wis se letter A but bytimes start wis a C, D, or an E when sere are less san six in a set. As a matter of course sis has been taken into account and se order is always wis se first available letter on top and se last at se bottom. Except, if sere are multiple OoBs involfed in which case sere may be an order of E, F, E, F, E, F to form stacks of six, which are all perfectly aligned.

And take sat zigarette away at once and get your hair cut!"

von Marwitz

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You got a very LONG WAY TO GO to catch up to Olli....

He has "10 times" as many RAACO containers and 100 times more counters (both are estimates ONLY)....

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I began an article about RAACO storage that compiles everything I would have wished to find concentrated in one place or document when I started off with it.
  • Basic premises of what kind of storage one wants
  • Hardware - what one needs exactly, how it looks, and where to find it
  • Best arrangement of the inserts in Assorters based on the premises complete with pictures and underlying thoughts
  • Process of labelling and best technique
  • Links to existing and useful material on RAACO storage
So far, I've got 17 pages done with the link-section yet in need to be finished. When that is completed, the stuff can go online together with the complete file of labels.

Hopefully, this will save others a lot of work and time or provide inspiration and a starting point to adapt the material to their personal needs.

von Marwitz

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finishing setup of mini-CG "No Pasaran" from Fanatic Pack #4. Gave each side one additional support asset;Nationalists took a turreted armored car,Republicans took a bombing squad (use Dinaminteros counter.) Attached pics show some of the units (green are Nationalist,brown are Republican.) DSC01257.JPG DSC01286.JPG DSC01254.JPG

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finally ripping open my LFT Kampfgruppe Scherer and started reading the rules in preparation for KGS09 Lost in a Day!!
That's funny, Jack, we just set up that scenario to play here in ABQ.

Edit: On another note, spent three hours Saturday rearranging and organizing my kit to that everything is on shelves and labeled so that I can find things (and worry less about water leak events).

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That's funny, Jack, we just set up that scenario to play here in ABQ.

Edit: On another note, spent three hours Saturday rearranging and organizing my kit to that everything is on shelves and labeled so that I can find things (and worry less about water leak events).
NICE! Pls lemme know how it goes. I got the Germans. Gonna be tough doing a fighting retreat block by block. Then there's the Russian 150mm OBA .. what's with the Doorknockers anyway? I hope they find a few rounds of HEAT when the time comes.

Good luck with your game.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Drove to the train station; took the train to downtown Montreal (30 minutes). Took the subway to eastern downtown Montreal (15 minutes). Walked to Le Valet De Coeur (5 minutes) to buy Journal 12 and WO2017 that I pre-ordered through them. Got the two items with a 10% discount for a total of about 67 dollars, tax in. Paid cash so they could avoid the credit card fee. This is the ONLY game store I know of in this province that sells ASL products.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Drove to the train station; took the train to downtown Montreal (30 minutes). Took the subway to eastern downtown Montreal (15 minutes). Walked to Le Valet De Coeur (5 minutes) to buy Journal 12 and WO2017 that I pre-ordered through them. Got the two items with a 10% discount for a total of about 67 dollars, tax in. Paid cash so they could avoid the credit card fee. This is the ONLY game store I know of in this province that sells ASL products.
I absolutely gotta go pay them a visit the next time I am back!!

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Team Japan broke in a newbie Sunday with good ol' G46, "Triumph Atop Taraldsvikfjell." The Allies lost. AND we got our Journal 12s and WO 2017 Bonus Packs. In all, a splendid day.