Official CMN Release Date Betting Pool.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PCK, was not an unplayable mess. It lacked a lot of features that CM had and I found critical to this scale of game. But it played very well for what it was.

Be careful Elvis, I don't think you are qualified to discuss PCK. Did you ever play it?

Now CMSF was an unplayable mess on release.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Be careful Elvis, I don't think you are qualified to discuss PCK. Did you ever play it?
Like I said :

I don't know this from personal experience and am relying completely on what has been said about it on this forum. I could be wrong about that.
I downloaded a demo a few months ago but don't remember which PC game it was. But I am certainly not qualified to discuss it. Also as I said....I was only trash talking for a bit of fun. J2D and MR got it.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I was just poking fun at you because, at the moment, I'm one up on you! :p

I don't expect that to hold forever though so I have to get my licks in while I still can.

Good Hunting.

MR
Like an internet wargame geek version of playing the dozens. Next I'll get into the "yo moma so fat................" and "yo sista so ugly......" jokes

BlitzCanuck

Pretend Command Sgt. Maj.
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
See .....

1. Panzer Command: Ostfront is officially slated for release on May 9th, 2011.
2. There will be a full color printed manual available with the physical version.
3. The game will sell for $34.99 Download / $44.99 Physical.
4. The download version will be available free for owners of Panzer Command: Kharkov.
5. There will be a demo available before the release, so stay tuned to Matrix Games to give Panzer Command: Ostfront a spin before it’s out!

.....MR
So let me get this straight....The physical copy w/ manual is not $60 and is not called a Limited Collector's Edition and has no fancy metal case? tsk, tsk....... I just don't know how you expect to sell any copies. :)

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Both Matrix and Battlefront (when BFC has the publisher hat on) let the developer decide whether a demo is desired or not. The old developer of PzC didn't want one, the new one either wants one or Matrix is in active control of the game and has hired more of a coder. I wouldn't read anything into this.

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Both Matrix and Battlefront (when BFC has the publisher hat on) let the developer decide whether a demo is desired or not. The old developer of PzC didn't want one, the new one either wants one or Matrix is in active control of the game and has hired more of a coder. I wouldn't read anything into this.
I don't read anything into the demo "issue".

Based on what Matrix folks have said in public, they are not wild about demos. They apparently believe that the time and resources put into them is not usually worth it in terms of sales. Still from time to time a handful of their games have had demos, including one or two they captured from BF.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So let me get this straight....The physical copy w/ manual is not $60 and is not called a Limited Collector's Edition and has no fancy metal case? tsk, tsk....... I just don't know how you expect to sell any copies. :)
It gets even worse than that. We're giving DOZENS of copies away for free for those that own the previous game in the series. Not sure that we expect to sell any copies. However, that does make it easy to hit the expected sales volume for PCO when there is no expected sales volume!

Good Hunting.

MR

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I was just poking fun at you because, at the moment, I'm one up on you! :p

I don't expect that to hold forever though so I have to get my licks in while I still can.

Good Hunting.

MR
Yo Moma so fat I see she is now following BFCs lead and releasing a couple of new video AARs. Coincidence in timing? Probably.

mOBIUS

Reaction score
Yo Moma so fat I see she is now following BFCs lead and releasing a couple of new video AARs. Coincidence in timing? Probably.
Hey, many of us stopped working on the game last month so there's nothing to do but wait. We have idle hands so we play around with new toys and make videos.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm still waiting for a solid release date out of you Elvis. We have May 9th....you gonna do May 8th???!!:p

Good Hunting.

MR

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm still waiting for a solid release date out of you Elvis. We have May 9th....you gonna do May 8th???!!:p

Good Hunting.

MR
Yo sista so ugly, you think if I had an exact date I would scoop BFC?

Seeing mOBUIS' post did make me curious. Does PC:O come in both digital and hard copy or hard copy only? If it comes in both is the hard copy available in stores? Because BFC does both my experience has been that changes can be made right up to the moment of the final uploading to the server of the release. That is then the verision sent off to the CD makers. But if a lot of guys are done testing PC:O that would mean to me that it has gone Gold and explains how a hard release date can be given. One system is no better or worse to me but that would make them different. Literally as I type this BFC could be making the decision to upload the game for sale or they could be wanting to make more final touches and it doesn't get released for 2 more weeks (or 8). When it's done is when it gets released. The only time between the decision and the availablity is the amount of time it takes to upload and send out the notices. But regarding mBOIUS', nobody is done testing before release until it's in the customers hands.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yo sista so ugly, you think if I had an exact date I would scoop BFC?
{/quote]

Well yeah!

Seeing mOBUIS' post did make me curious. Does PC:O come in both digital and hard copy or hard copy only? If it comes in both is the hard copy available in stores?
Both. It won't be sold in stores if Matrix follows their normal sales procedures.

Because BFC does both my experience has been that changes can be made right up to the moment of the final uploading to the server of the release. That is then the verision sent off to the CD makers. But if a lot of guys are done testing PC:O that would mean to me that it has gone Gold and explains how a hard release date can be given.
We're done doing anything with PCO.

One system is no better or worse to me but that would make them different. Literally as I type this BFC could be making the decision to upload the game for sale or they could be wanting to make more final touches and it doesn't get released for 2 more weeks (or 8). When it's done is when it gets released. The only time between the decision and the availablity is the amount of time it takes to upload and send out the notices. But regarding mBOIUS', nobody is done testing before release until it's in the customers hands.
I don't know about Mobius but I'm done. Or maybe they just told me to be done while the rest of them do that actual work and move me out the back door......

Good Hunting.

MR

Patrocles

Reaction score
I've been on holiday and unplugged all the wires!

late April....and no CMB4N? bummer :cry:
time to read through some of the threads about any changes/update to the late April release of CMB4N!
:yummy:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Code:
[COLOR="lightblue"]10 Jun 2010               Michael Dorosh
25 Aug 2010 to 4 Sep 2010 taccovert
19 Sep 2010               Jeph
 1 Oct 2010               vulture
31 Oct 2010               KG_Jag
11 Nov 2010               slm
15 Nov 2010               Geordie
15 Dec 2010               Patrocles
20 Dec 2010 or 5 Jan 2011 Palantir
15 Feb 2011               [hirr]Leto
14 Mar 2011               Quellist[/COLOR]
 never                    dalem
On The Price is Right, they only give a prize to the one who is closest without going over. In this case, I think going under disqualifies everybody...except dalem. So far. But it's looking bleaker for him. When my credit card is charged, I'll be a believer. Quellist was closest otherwise.
As above, no one was able to correctly anticipate the date.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Who is taking the day off from work?
It's a long weekend in Canada coming up; I can wait til then. I still have CM:AK turns to get out and some other stuff that should take priority in any event that I have been neglecting.