Official CMN Release Date Betting Pool.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
'The player will join the British Air Force to fight the German forces and renegade pilots on his own side'

This could be the first game that includes the little known October 1940 Battle of the Kings Head, Little Dorking. A ferocious encounter caused by Willie 'What-ho' Wimberly quipping 'He must be talking about our bar bills' in response to Churchill's 'Never was so much owed by so many to so few'. Ginger, Wizzo, and Smythe took exception. In the ensuing fracas several shirts were ruffled and half a pint of Benton's Old Knobbler sadly went for a Burton.

Seriously though - WTF?!
Must have been garbled when it went onto the website - they must meen free Czech, Pole, etc. pilots in the RAF? Is this some guy in Eastern Europe writing copy again? :laugh:

Sgt_Kelly

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
If you could learn to post a proper link maybe we would be able to find out :D.

I couldn't see a post by anyone from BFC anywhere in the vicinity of the thread you linked to. It's mostly talk about previews. We already knew about the one in Chicago and apparently there's going to be one in Sydney now too.

I wouldn't put it past BFC to release the game before they make the demo, as they did for CM:SF. I'm sure Dale will be along shortly to tell us they had better do that if they want to make any money :D.

Patrocles

Reaction score
If you could learn to post a proper link maybe we would be able to find out :D.

I couldn't see a post by anyone from BFC anywhere in the vicinity of the thread you linked to. It's mostly talk about previews. We already knew about the one in Chicago and apparently there's going to be one in Sydney now too.

I wouldn't put it past BFC to release the game before they make the demo, as they did for CM:SF. I'm sure Dale will be along shortly to tell us they had better do that if they want to make any money :D.
I did not see any new info on Mr. Rune's demo party...can someone point it out if I am blind. thanks.

took some digging, but Mr. Gibsonm posted this OZ meeting for CMBN demo. Where/what is TBC in Oz? To Be Called?
http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=94721

[bold is my emphasis]

Chicago in February not your scene?

Can’t blame you given the its like a something from “The Day after Tomorrow”.

Well for those of you south of the Equator there will be the “second” CM:BN Preview (or perhaps first depending on the times) being held in Sydney, Australia (do not go to Sydney, Nova Scotia or you maybe disappointed).

Date: 13 - 28 February depending on responses (most likely either Sun 13, Sat 19 or Sun 20 Feb). It wont be the 14th.

If no one interested my place.

If hundreds interested I’ll book a venue.

Food, drink, accommodation: Your problem

Version shown: Depends on where things are at.

Other details: Will have it on a couple of machines and will build a LAN for the activity.

Probably a brief overview, lots of “Ooh! Ahh!” moments, then people can have a play and then come back here and list why its fundamentally flawed.

Questions, Queries, Expressions of interest?

Post here.

Last edited:

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doesn't my link take to the thread and at the bottom gibson says something about Feb.12...I am not sure why my link isn't working for you.

Caractacus

Reaction score
Country
ll
Must have been garbled when it went onto the website - they must meen free Czech, Pole, etc. pilots in the RAF? Is this some guy in Eastern Europe writing copy again? :laugh:
Well that kinda makes sense so thanks!

(Unlike the original blurb which was wrong on so many levels that the Eastern European copy writer must have downed his vodka quota for the month before embarking on that little gem.)

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So January is gone and February is going. March seems... unlikely. So first quarter zapped. If they don't have something before 6/30/2011 does Elvis owe me MORE beer? :)

-dale

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For CMSF, what was the time between the hosted previews and the release?

(keep in mind the release was a little premature)

Patrocles

Reaction score
D'oh! I missed the Chicago preview! I am such an Anakin!! :shy:

oh well...I will head over to BFC forum and read the preview comments!
:)

my BFC email received 1/24/2011 from rune...
Changed to Sunday the 13th. Addy [BFC handle] is:
Chicago

Last edited:

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, as far as I can remember, they've said they want an "end of April" release. I'm kind of hoping they miss it, not because of the game itself, but because it would be datum #3, I think, in the "unforced error" column for them regarding setting expectations. And the conversations resulting from that would be, oh, somewhat delicious. :)

-dale

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Code:
[COLOR="lightblue"]10 Jun 2010               Michael Dorosh
25 Aug 2010 to 4 Sep 2010 taccovert
19 Sep 2010               Jeph
 1 Oct 2010               vulture
31 Oct 2010               KG_Jag
11 Nov 2010               slm
15 Nov 2010               Geordie
15 Dec 2010               Patrocles
20 Dec 2010 or 5 Jan 2011 Palantir
15 Feb 2011               [hirr]Leto
14 Mar 2011               Quellist[/COLOR]
 never                    dalem
On The Price is Right, they only give a prize to the one who is closest without going over. In this case, I think going under disqualifies everybody...except dalem. So far. But it's looking bleaker for him. When my credit card is charged, I'll be a believer. Quellist was closest otherwise.

Last edited:

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems as though the BFC announcement that CMBN would be released in April, a day after Matrix announced that PCO would be an April release, hasn't held out. But then Matrix doesn't seem to be online for an April release either.

Matrix did clarify their release date along with other information about the game though....

1. Panzer Command: Ostfront is officially slated for release on May 9th, 2011.
2. There will be a full color printed manual available with the physical version.
3. The game will sell for $34.99 Download / $44.99 Physical.
4. The download version will be available free for owners of Panzer Command: Kharkov.
5. There will be a demo available before the release, so stay tuned to Matrix Games to give Panzer Command: Ostfront a spin before it’s out!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2789072

Looks like Matrix missed their April release by 9 days. It will be interesting to see when CMBN actually ships. Also of note is that Matrix will be releasing a demo for this game as well.

There's still 9 days to go for BFC to hit their release MONTH....want to take that bet Elvis?

Good Hunting.

MR

Last edited:

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems as though the BFC announcement that CMBN would be released in April, a day after Matrix announced that PCO would be an April release, hasn't held out. But then Matrix doesn't seem to be online for an April release either.

Matrix did clarify their release date along with other information about the game though....

1. Panzer Command: Ostfront is officially slated for release on May 9th, 2011.
2. There will be a full color printed manual available with the physical version.
3. The game will sell for $34.99 Download / $44.99 Physical.
4. The download version will be available free for owners of Panzer Command: Kharkov.
5. There will be a demo available before the release, so stay tuned to Matrix Games to give Panzer Command: Ostfront a spin before it’s out!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2789072

Looks like Matrix missed their April release by 9 days. It will be interesting to see when CMBN actually ships. Also of note is that Matrix will be releasing a demo for this game as well.

There's still 9 days to go for BFC to hit their release MONTH....want to take that bet Elvis?

Good Hunting.

MR
The actual quote is "scheduled for release around the end of April, 2011". Which could mean it is being uploaded to the server for release as I type this or it could mean it will be released May 8th. Hard to say as both are "around the end of April, 2011".

It is understandable that Matrix is making the very rare exception of releasing a demo because my understanding is that PC:K was and continues to be such unplayable mess for the years since release that the new game is is being given a make up call for never making the previous title playable for the people who bought it. I don't know this from personal experience and am relying completely on what has been said about it on this forum. I could be wrong about that.

And as announcements go, that post buried in a thread on the Matrix forum was a pretty weak announcement. I see that since then they have followed BFCs lead and made a proper announcement.

(Just trash talkin for fun. Seriously, I look forward to playing the demo!)

junk2drive

Reaction score
You are wrong. It was never an unplayable mess. It just didn't replace CMx1 and neither will CMBN. I'm surprised that you lowered yourself to that level.

Edit: and then I read the last part.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
(Just trash talkin for fun. Seriously, I look forward to playing the demo!)
Yeah, I was just poking fun at you because, at the moment, I'm one up on you! :p

I don't expect that to hold forever though so I have to get my licks in while I still can.

Good Hunting.

MR