White Tigers set up question

dwardzala

Va Tech Hokie
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Getting ready to play A47 White Tigers against rdw5150 via VASL and we are having trouble discerning which road is in play on board 37.

The scenario card calls out ...(22)Y2-37GG5. Is this supposed to be the road denoted on the overlay or the one on the board?

Btw, VASL does not allow road network modifications on overlays (i.e. if you delete the roads from the board, you can't add them back in on the overly).

CKS04

Grenadier Tournament
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Getting ready to play A47 White Tigers against rdw5150 via VASL and we are having trouble discerning which road is in play on board 37.

The scenario card calls out ...(22)Y2-37GG5. Is this supposed to be the road denoted on the overlay or the one on the board?

Btw, VASL does not allow road network modifications on overlays (i.e. if you delete the roads from the board, you can't add them back in on the overly).
I think it is the road depicted on the overlay. At least that's how we played it.

CK

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

You can add in the roads using the overlay function (orchard button) I think.

Plus... you might try putting the overlays down before modifying the roads. If there are paths/roads on the overlays then I *think* they will get the same modifier.

JT

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not a VASL related question, but this came up when I played Nelson Harris in this scenario a couple of weeks ago.

SSR 2 PTO is in effect and all single story wooden buildings are wooden rubble. NRBH, but if PTO is in effect, I think all wooden buildings with =>2 depections are considered Huts. So, are these considered wooden buildings for this scenario? It does not make sense to have rubbled wooden buildings and intact huts, but....

We played them as wooden buildings (hence rubble). Just curious as to how others have played this.

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Typically I've played it as the huts are there and all the other buildings are rubbled. There was a recent thread on SSR Precedence that discussed similar issues which got rather heated & wasn't really conclusive.

If you read the historical description though, it talks about a hurrican having rolled through and totalling the village, but there being tents all around that the village was being rebuilt from. Given that, the huts seemed a logical abstraction of the tents with the rubble being the former village.

YMMV, but I've always converted to huts first and rubbled the rest in this one. Including the time we played it at ASLOK oh so many years ago (pretty sure we asked Mark for an opinion prior to setup on that one & Nixon's never wrong! :surprise:)