Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Being desperate for details, I visited the SoCal ASL web site and found the following.

We will be returning to the Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Ontario, CA.

Date: Thursday, February 16th through Sunday, February 19th, 2017.

Place: Best Western Plus Inn & Suites
3400 Shelby Street
Ontario, CA 92764
909-466-9600

Room Cost: $89 per night +tax including cooked breakfast for up to 2 guests.

Parking: Free (and plenty of it)

Best Western Plus is right off of Haven Avenue at Interstate 10. The rooms are spacious and have recently been remodeled. The hotel has a Happy Hour every evening with up to two free drinks per hotel guest. Parking is free and there's plenty of it. The hotel restaurant is affordable, and they've already asked us about putting together some lunch specials for our event. They also have a complimentary shuttle to Ontario Airport, and Ontario Mills Mall. And there are plenty of food options with a short walk or drive.

The meeting room has a door that empties straight into a side parking lot, so you can wheel your kit straight into the room without going all the way through the lobby.

Attachments

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You thinking about coming down? It was a blast last year at the same site.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Michael. When I first asked about the melee I noted the laid-back nature of those SoCal ASL'ers. I booked my ticket to LAX yesterday. I will be rooming with Phil Seymour with whom I played a lot while working in Carpinteria back in 2003. I will visit former colleagues there before the melee arriving Thursday with Phil. I am taking a red-eye back to NC on Sunday night.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
West Coast Melee XX begins in just two weeks. Looking forward to seeing all of the familiar, returning, and new ASL friends for four days of ASL overdose.

Go to www.socalasl.com for details and pre-registration form.

Weather in Ontario is expected to be around 81 and clear on Thursday next week...just saying...

Semper Fi!
Scott

msoong38

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which airport is the best to arrive at? (Google map say go to John Wayne airport and that looks like a LONG dive from the airport)...

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You could walk from Ontario in five minutes.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which airport is the best to arrive at? (Google map say go to John Wayne airport and that looks like a LONG dive from the airport)...
Definitely fly into Ontario airport. The tournament is at a hotel directly across the freeway from Ontario airport...less than a mile.

JWA is located in Newport Beach/Irvine...something like 30 miles away, and in SoCal traffic at that...definitely DO NOT fly into John Wayne Airport.

Semper Fi!
Scott

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I live in an orchard...I will bring some oranges and other citrus to make sure that you are safe from scurvy as well. :Do_O

Semper Fi!
Scott
Scott's orchard is always in season.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Looks like we will be getting some rain next week...might want to leave the suntan lotion at home. :)

Semper Fi!
Scott
Noted the forecast which means I have room for the Japanese now since they sort of have a natural tan. Special landing forces with amphibians are on order given the rain you're having!

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
My ETA at the venue (with Phil Seymore) is probably after lunch on Thursday assuming my PBY can land Wednesday at LAX. See y'all soon!

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
West Coast Melee officially open for business!

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Thank you players and organizers for I great time! Other tnan dinner, lunch (when I could manage it), breakfast and some sleep, I had a total orgy of ASL this weekend. All my games were tough and fun. Organization was superb.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was really nice meeting you Ray. Enjoyed our scenario. Jon