West Coast Melee X - A Word of Thanks

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
West Coast Melee X this past weekend was a huge succes. One of the special features this year was the ASL prize raffle, in which I gave away 40 individual items. This would not have been possible without the extreme generosity and support of the ASL producers and merchants.

I'd like to send out a public and sincere "thank you" to all of the following WCM supporters:

MMP
Xavier Vitry
Scott Blanton
Vic Provost
Mattias Ronblomm
George Kelln
Paul Kenny
Murray McCloskey
Glenn & Scott Houseman

You are all Gentlemen (except Glenn! :laugh: ) and your generous support helped us make our tenth annual tournament a very special one. Numerous people comented that they were astounded by the number of items that had been donated. Everyone that I contacted was eager to assist in making WCM X a memorable and exciting tournament, and I owe each of you a debt of gratitude. I was also amazed at the wilingness to support a fellow ASL player and our local tournament, despite having never met me before. This commeraderie is one of the special things about ASL that set it apart.

So, to all those that donated prizes to WCM X, I and the SoCal ASL Club thank you...I'll buy you all a few beers next time I make it to ASLOK! :toast:

Semper Fi!
Scott

Matt Romey

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
The West Coast Melee quote of the year came from Sheldon Ryland. We were talking about an attendee who had had a rough year, and I said "ASL heals all wounds."

To which Sheldon replied: "...and creates some new ones."

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The West Coast Melee quote of the year came from Sheldon Ryland. We were talking about an attendee who had had a rough year, and I said "ASL heals all wounds."

There was a time in my life in which ASL was the only thing keeping me sane...

How's THAT for irony?:nuts:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Sheldon is a funny guy with an astute sense of observation.

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glenn & Scott Houseman

You are all Gentlemen (except Glenn! :laugh: ) and your generous support helped us make our tenth annual tournament a very special one. So, to all those that donated prizes to WCM X, I and the SoCal ASL Club thank you...I'll buy you all a few beers next time I make it to ASLOK! :toast:
Tee-hee-hee! :laugh: We donated the scenario packs that were printed in DISAPPEARING INK! :p

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tee-hee-hee! :laugh: We donated the scenario packs that were printed in DISAPPEARING INK! :p
Too bad you're not using it for your poetry!! :clown:

Just kidding... you know how much your art means to me.

JT

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A word of thanks is due Scott Thompson. He assembled quite a variety of products for the raffle. I second his thanks to all those who contributed products.