VotG: Refit Phase and captured (and subsequently malfunctioned) flamethrowers

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
V12.6154 FT / DC: Each FT/DC removed from play during the preceding scenario (regardless of why it was removed) is Retained by its original owning side only if it was removed by an Original effects DR ≤ 10; otherwise, it is Eliminated. Place each such Retained SW in the friendly side's "Retained" box on the Chapter V divider. However, the side may never Retain in this manner more friendly DC, nor friendly FT, than it has friendly non-Isolated Assault Engineer (only) squads at this point in the RePh.

I could have swore I saw something approaching a consensus about this...but regardless here is the situation.

Germans capture a Russian FT and proceed to fire it with a non-elite unit (with all the penalties that imposes). The FT was malfunctioned on a DR ≤ 10 and thus removed from the game.

So during the Refit Phase...what happens to that FT?

The "original owning side" screws with my senior brain every time... 🤪

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the Russians get it back (assuming that they have enough AE).

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The latest Chapter O rule says:
"is Retained by its original owning side only if the Original effects DR causing its removal and made by the original owner was ≤ 10"

However, I do not think the red part was present in Chapter O 1st Edition (which is what I think Chapter V is based on) or the 2nd Edition..