VBM and wall

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
VBM question arose while me an Luca were playing KGP I CG:
There is a wall in N18/N19, there is NOT a wall/hedge M19/N19
Does Panther pay the wall if it
A) enters the building in N18 B) goes in VBM in N18/N19 C) goes in VBM of N18 building in M19/N18?

More than only the answers i ask for rules/Q&A references

Thanks!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Answered on Facebook yesterday already.
What are you trying to do posting the same question here?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Vehicle is in M19, as bypass is moving through the obstacle's hex.
No wall separates M19 from N18.
Try to read the VBM from the beginning, i.e. D2.3 first sentence.
I hope that it is not above you.
Screenshot_20220804-132213_Foxit PDF Editor.jpg

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Answered on Facebook yesterday already.
What are you trying to do posting the same question here?
ok, for me you may delete the thread now without problems, i tried to do that but it seems i have not the necessary authorization, sorry and thanks, you have been a real gentleman ;)

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I am not against some crossposting, when a quick answer is needed.
But when the correct answer is given in one place, posting the question a day after in another place is strange.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
VBM question arose while me an Luca were playing KGP I CG:
There is a wall in N18/N19, there is NOT a wall/hedge M19/N19
Does Panther pay the wall if it
A) enters the building in N18 B) goes in VBM in N18/N19 C) goes in VBM of N18 building in M19/N18?

More than only the answers i ask for rules/Q&A references

Thanks!

View attachment 22339
A) No
B) No
C) No

It’s not driving on the wall, it’s driving on the green stuff.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But when the correct answer is given in one place, posting the question a day after in another place is strange.
He may want others, or even specific people, to respond or perhaps is asking for someone that doesn't peruse Farce Book

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I agree with Steed and Eagle4ty. As long as it is legitimate and not internet nonsense I don't see a problem.

Myself and a few others have stated in the past that Gamesquad is the only site we visit. I like it here.🤗

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, seriously, what's wrong with posting it on the GS and on FB? It's not like they are the same platform, or service?

Seth

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Yeah, seriously, what's wrong with posting it on the GS and on FB? It's not like they are the same platform, or service?

Seth
Well, that is not what I wrote. No global problem for me with cross posting.
Here is my previous post:
What I dared question, is the fact that the question was properly answered by some experimented players.
Yours faithfully gave it (among others), and it received the likes of seasoned players, including Klas Malmström.
So it was quite surprising to see the exact same question posted here a full day after it was answered of FB.
The requirement of rules references was added - which is a reasonable demand. However, I still wonder why the poster wouldn't have added that requirement on his FB thread, after he had read the unanimous argumented answers given.

As a final note, and just being factual (I am not bringing things to me because it is me), besides those piling up to criticize my questioning, it seems that I am the only poster to have given a rules reference in support of the answer to the question.
So, rather than blame me on and on because of my questioning a practice, why not take into account that I actually went the additional mile and nevertheless answered the question, with the additional requirement of citing the rule?
You see, even if I do criticize a process, I most often adapt to the poster's demands.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
There is NOTHING wrong with posting in any and ALL locations.
Most people do it.
And some people only CUT and PASTE answers all day without the WHY.
The WHY and HOW is the guts of learning the RULES.

The COPY PASTE warriors don't help...At that point just state the rule and say "Yes, you may...etc ....Your answer lies here..."

Instead of posting a GIANT F#$%ing image. Help or get off the forum.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The COPY PASTE warriors don't help...At that point just state the rule and say "Yes, you may...etc ....Your answer lies here..."
I simply indicated to the post editor that I didn't want the image of the extract of the rule not to be displayed as Thumbnail (which usually is very small).
I don't know of means to display at an intermediary size - unless I try to reduce the size of the original image (but answering with my smartphone makes it a rather complicated exercise).
I also commented on the wording that supported the understanding of the rule.
What is your contribution to answer the OP's question?
Or are you just here to rant - what your use of Uppercase letters seems to indicate?

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't find the question and answer on FB. The rules reference made does not answer the wall question posed. Bendizoid's answer that a unit at the vertex goes around the hexside vertex doesn't seem right because the vehicle did not traverse that other hexside. So, what is your answer Robin?

Cross-posting also serves a valuable function of -- spreading the interpretation. A link would not help because some don't have FB (you are the commodity on FB and you are for sale) or don't belong to the same group on FB. I actually looked for the FB thread but did not find it.

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
Well, that is not what I wrote. No global problem for me with cross posting.
Here is my previous post:

What I dared question, is the fact that the question was properly answered by some experimented players.
Yours faithfully gave it (among others), and it received the likes of seasoned players, including Klas Malmström.
So it was quite surprising to see the exact same question posted here a full day after it was answered of FB.
The requirement of rules references was added - which is a reasonable demand. However, I still wonder why the poster wouldn't have added that requirement on his FB thread, after he had read the unanimous argumented answers given.

As a final note, and just being factual (I am not bringing things to me because it is me), besides those piling up to criticize my questioning, it seems that I am the only poster to have given a rules reference in support of the answer to the question.
So, rather than blame me on and on because of my questioning a practice, why not take into account that I actually went the additional mile and nevertheless answered the question, with the additional requirement of citing the rule?
You see, even if I do criticize a process, I most often adapt to the poster's demands.
I'm not blaming you, or even criticizing you or your efforts. I was just pointing out a benefit to posting in both. No harm meant.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I can't find the question and answer on FB.
I believe the poster deleted it.
I and others than me answered.
I am not lying, if that is what you imply.
The rules reference made does not answer the wall question posed. Bendizoid's answer that a unit at the vertex goes around the hexside vertex doesn't seem right because the vehicle did not traverse that other hexside. So, what is your answer Robin?
Read my comment accompanying the rule :
Vehicle is in M19, as bypass is moving through the obstacle's hex.
No wall separates M19 from N18.
Try to read the VBM from the beginning, i.e. D2.3 first sentence.
D2.3, first sentence, says that a bypassing vehicle moves through the obstacle's hex.
So the Panther is in M19 moving to N18.
No wall separates those hexes, so no wall is crossed.
Q.E.D.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe the poster deleted it.
I and others than me answered.
I am not lying, if that is what you imply.
When I say "I can't find the question and answer on FB," I don't mean it isn't there. I mean, "I can't find the question." Sebosebi already said that he posted on FB and posted here. I actually read the thread. So, no, I didn't imply or intend to imply an aspersion to your integrity. I implied and intended to imply that I lacked the ability to find a message.

Hand offered.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Read my comment accompanying the rule :

D2.3, first sentence, says that a bypassing vehicle moves through the obstacle's hex.
So the Panther is in M19 moving to N18.
No wall separates those hexes, so no wall is crossed.
Q.E.D.
Would your answer be the same if the wall were on the M19/N18 hexside? (ex. A4.31).

My concern is that the M19/N18/N19 vertex is covered by a wall and unit is at the vertex, not the M19/N18 hexside.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
When I say "I can't find the question and answer on FB," I don't mean it isn't there. I mean, "I can't find the question." Sebosebi already said that he posted on FB and posted here. I actually read the thread. So, no, I didn't imply or intend to imply an aspersion to your integrity. I implied and intended to imply that I lacked the ability to find a message.

Hand offered.
Very Gentlemanly Sir!